Thread: $447 bil
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 03:37 PM   #109
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
I'm still laughing at the mental image of a kid with raisins and crayons stuck up his nose, what were we talking about again?

Oh yeah, homie, would like to revise you're statement regarding "some captains"? Cuz last time I checked, "some Captain" who you say has no responsibility is an aircraft commander and responsible for the lives of every engineer, navigator, co-pilot, loadmaster, etc. on his plane. If being the one person in charge of making sure everyone completes the mission alive and in a plane that doesnt crash isnt a big responsibility, I'd kinda like to know what is. Especially since "some captain" is responsible for making sure my husband always makes it home. And my husband is responsible for making sure the pilot doesnt crash into a mountain flying at 300 feet, while "some engineer" is responsible for making sure he's done his job right so he doesnt cause a problem that could kill everyone else. And "some nurse" in the military is responsible for being at work and knowing what the hell she's doing if that flight does go down and she has to save someone's life. Like my husband or the rest of the crew. But hey, what does "some captain" have to be responsible for?

ETA: And news flash, as an officer, even straight outta school, you are responsible for the enlisted you work with and junior officers, and as you move up in rank it just keeps growing. You dont have to be a group, wing or squadron commander to have "responsibility".
The point I was trying to make is, not every officer is in a war zone, making life and death decisions. That's a lot more Army and Marines than it is Air Force or Navy. All depends on specialty of course. A combat air controller or PJ in the Air Force has a lot more responsiblity than an AF engineer, in my opinion, because he is reponsibile for kicking ass, saving lives, being a strong team player, and motivating others......Not just "I am responsible for $100 million worth of equipment".......Tons of people can say that. Couple friends of mine were AF engineers who simply worked in a lab. They did not have to evaluate anyone. And as for pilots? Shit, for the first 2 years they are busy becoming an expert in what they do. Obviously, later on they will be responsible for training and potentially leading others, and such, but come on.

And sorry, but this so-called $47K salary for teachers is complete BS..........They must be averaging across people who've been doing it for decades.......And probably only using schools in large metro areas. You get a starting job in a small Midwest town, you're not going to make more than like $25K to start.

Last edited by Homeslice; 09-13-2011 at 03:42 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote