Thread: Pitbull Stands
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2012, 01:00 PM   #27
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
I have the one-handled pitbull also, but the use of it doesn't interfere with my sidestand. Even if it did I would prefer to be on the left side of my bike when lowering it. I wouldn't want to be on the right side of my bike, leaning it away from me until it catches on the stand. The first time the sidestand folds up on you there's no way you're catching your bike when it falls away from you.
How does it not interfere with your stand? On every bike I've used it with, I have to raise the sidestand in order to rotate the arm fully to the ground.

Also, when I am ready to let the bike down, I stand on that side of the bike and begin raising the arm, while bear-hugging the bike with my other arm. Then as I let the bike down, I pull it towards me so that it falls on the sidestand. I don't trust my ability to keep the bike from falling, which is why I want the sidestand to be down. Problem with the pitbull is that it makes you put your sidestand up while using it, which means that when you're ready to put the bike down, you can't put the sidestand back down until the pitbull's arm is almost at the point of no return. Each bike is different though.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote