View Single Post
Old 03-23-2008, 10:19 PM   #9
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Well,I went up at 70mph and shifted into 3rd to about 120mph and held it. Fucking gust of wind knocked me sideways,so I ended up bringing it down on the right side of the tire. Instant tank slapper! I couldn't get control before the road curved and ended up going off road and into a ditch for about 1/4 mile. I managed to get control of the bike and get it out of the ditch and back onto the road. Btw when I re-entered the road I was doing 74 mph(I looked). Heck,the scariest part of the whole ordeal was I almost forgot to pump my brake lever before the stop sign where the road crosses the highway.

One of the things that I try to convey to guys who ask me for riding advice has always been. Don't panic. I've seen too many crashes in my life and I bet 75% could have been avoided if the rider hadn't paniced. If I had even thought about slamming on the brakes during this situation,I would have crashed.Period. If I would have abruptly cut the throttle at anytime I would have crashed.Period. The other thing I usually tell guys,is for them to consider the place and conditions and to ride accordingly. That's the rule I failed to follow yesterday. I'll endeavor to follow my own advice from now on...
I got one... how about, "don't ride like me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
see I know not to brake... but trying not to roll off would be hard for me... it's my first instinct.
Rolling off is one thing... cutting is another...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote