Thread: 2010 moty
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 11:54 AM   #8
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
I'm not knocking the GS... just saying I don't think it's the top ADVENTURE bike... IMO. too heavy. and carrying a lot IMO isn't a positive... just adds more weight... and useless items.

The DRZ sucks in the states for touring... because of the long distances and our (american's) need to get everywhere fast. but I've got no complaints other than the seat. which, I've yet to find a bike that had a stock seat that was great (I'm sure there are a couple out there... just not the majority) but get out of the US... the speeds slow down and the DRZ is fine. shit I can still do 75 all day and get 45mpg... did that with Gas for 750+miles.

I wasn't trying to turn this into a my bike is better than that one argument. Just trying to state that these awards are fucking bullshit and there are far better bikes out there.

and Trip... they already have a name for what you described Adventure riding as too... it's called TOURING. I'm all about people getting out and riding... regardless of where you go or how you do it... it'll be an adventure (some more so than others). but I think if you take your definition of Dual sport riding... and Touring... you'll have what I in-vision as Adventure riding.

I wasn't trying to make anything sound elitist... wtf did that come from?
I am not saying touring. I didn't say long distances at all or even having to go anywhere. I said just getting out there. You don't even need to go very far from your house to have an adventure.

Carrying a lot is a positive, you don't have to carry a ton, but having the ability is a positive for someone who wants to pack a lot if they are going on a very long trip.

This thread is just taking a turn that every adventure riding definition takes on adv rider. That's why I say elitist. Hell a harley can be a great adventure riding bike. I don't think there is a #1 adv bike. I think the #1 adv bike is the bike any person owns, because that's the bike you are going to have an adventure on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote