Thread: Bowl games
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #11
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
IMO all bowl games suck because they only prove which teams get the best ratings. Popularity contest instead of a sports matchup
Ok. They are definitely not as good as a true playoff but many of them are still fun to watch imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
I think Auburn will roll. Everybody is underestimating that SEC defense with the task of stopping the oregon offense. It is a better defense than they saw all year long in the pac ten. Just think back to last year. Oregon is the same exact team just with a change in qb name. An ohio state team that was exactly the same as this year stopped them flat on their face, and auburn is a BETTER team all around than that osu team. I think auburn stuffs the run game early and forces some passing turnovers. Cam throws for a couple tds. Oregon didn't scare me last year sand they don't scare me this year, they should have lost to a floundering Cal.

Stanford should run the ball down VTs throat. They should win easily.

I think the osu/ak game should be interesting. I think the sec curse continues and the ex-Michigan man Mallet will lead a last minute td drive against my buckeyes... ala texas in 2008.
I think Oregon is better than last year BUT yes I do expect Auburn to win.

VT's won 11 in a row and are a solid team but Stanford is a beast this year so it should be interesting. I'll even go as far as to say Stanford won't win 'easily'. Old Frank Beamer and his staff usually have a few tricks up their sleeve especially when it comes to special teams so they may even pull it out in the end.

OSU should have suspended those players for the bowl game. It is pretty much BS to wait until next season aginst 4 cupcakes and maybe 1 decent team but whatever I guess.

I guess Tressel is trying his damnest to beat an SEC team.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote