View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 07:36 PM   #18
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
I don't suppose that you could scan the wiring diagram, could you? It sounds rather like the ground is being switched, rather than the positive. You wouldn't get a light unless you have a potential difference between the power and ground connection.

Then again it could be a grounding issue. If it's grounded to the rear subframe try moving the ground to the frame, instead. See if that makes a difference. "Ground" isn't always ground.
Ill try and get a diagram of the wiring.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Full throttle did you do that yourself with your rear pegs?
Nah not me. came that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Since those aren't stock signals, I would first look at the "new" wiring going to those signals and if you put new signals on the front too. My guess is someone did a crappy job of installing them and the wires aren't isolated properly.
Well i have no idea who put those lights in since the bike is 10years old and has probably 3-4 owners or more. Its very possible that anything suggested above is the answer. I'm going to mess with it more tonight. I haven't had a chance till today. My garage has been in a shambles due to spring cleaning.

Quote:
My concern is how visible it would be to other people behind you...Bc my bike with the undertail...has shitty placements for blinkers and they dont sell nice looking undertails...So if i could do something like this for my blinkers...I saw a brake light setup that i could do that goes under my rear seat.
The visibility is actually pretty good. Its pointing straight back so anything behind me can see them. The only thing that gets in the way is the muffler on the right side it causes a small blind spot to the blinker. If a car is in my back right pocket they wouldn't see it but i wouldn't be needing to merge that way if they were there lol. Other than that small blind spot for the blinker its fine. Ive never had any problems with them yet. And at night its pretty crazy bright.