View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 12:56 AM   #6
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
If you would have watched the vid youd know why Im doing it. 5th gens are just two wire coils just like most motorcycles so I'm fine in the wiring department. People have been using moto coil on plugs on vehicle engine conversions for years and motorcycles so I know it'll work.

Also Im not a clown seeing as Ive worked on everythig Ive owned and nothing Ive done has broken. Go be a douche somewhere else.
The clown I'm referring to is the guy in the video...but you are more than welcome to join him in the clowness as you see fit.

You or him or whomever can do whatever the fuck you wish to your bike. Be my guest...but when you modify something , there usually is some type of gain of some sort. There is absolutely no gain in what this guy is doing because all of that shit is buried under the fuel tank and most likely will prematurely wear out the driver in the ignition module.

Does he not realize that there is resistance from the secondary coil through the boot just as there is via a spark plug wire?

I would have hoped he measured the primary coil resistance on both the coil over plug vs the separate coil so he doesn't prematurely wear out the driver in the ignition module. Oh wait he doesn't even know what an ignition module is.

This is the guy that tells you this at a bike night and you're thinking to yourself...what a dolt.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 07-24-2011 at 01:01 AM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote