View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 03:59 PM   #29
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OreoGaborio View Post
Definitely.

The TD organization I work for actually has an unconventional policy regarding looking behind you... As I'm sure you guys know, most TD organizations discourage looking back under all conditions, but we actually ask our customers to take a quick peek back once established on the front straight. If there's no one back there, then feel free to pull the trigger... but if there are a few bikes stacked up behind you, we just ask that you don't go wide open so that the people behind you can get by.

It's worded in a way that best curbs people's egos and relieves the tension that's created when a more experienced rider on a lightweight bike gets stuck behind a less experienced rider on a middle or heavyweight. It's a policy that's worked quite well at our venue and people seem to respond quite well to it.
STT tries to do that, it's unsuccessful most of the time. I watched this older guy on a motard at NSS just flying through the corners, but he would get stuck behind the same people over and over again because they would pass him in the long straight and then by the time he caught up was able to pass them, it was time for the straight again where they would blow past him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!