View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 06:23 PM   #52
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
Um, no. It's riding on the street, so it's street riding. Plain and simple.
Yes, by literal definition it's street riding on the street, but you are using it like a track. That type of riding is best done on the track. I am not saying I don't do it too, but if you want to practice that type of riding there is no question on where the best place to do it is at, the track.

Legal street riding, which I am referring to is a different skill set, it's basically boring compared to what you want to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
Exactly.. The track lets you push the limits so you know what your bike and you are capable of.. You can then apply that to street riding that will help you ride safer on the street - i.e. a car pulls out you have a good understanding of braking, etc.

I would strongly disagree that in general Harley riders and cruisers are more skilled.. 99% of them take the MSF, if that, and then ride.. And I ride with a lot of them and in general they are a danger to themselves and everyone else on the street..
I am not saying they are more skilled, I am saying they are more controlled. They don't go blasting pass people on a double yellow or acting a fool in as high of percentage as sportbikers. The ones around here have basic skill enough to be good street riders. Something I am not. I generally piss off half the town when I come through on my motorcycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote