View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 11:53 AM   #18
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
Stickers. Lots of stickers.

But seriously, OTB has it nailed. You can put an aTRE on for less jerky response in the first few gears but that isn't going to give you any increase in bhp.

Other than what's already been mentioned (exhaust, air filter, etc) you'd definitely need to crack open the engine. At that point, you'll have put more $ into it that could have been spent on a bike with more stock bhp. You're better off investing in better tires and putting more into the suspension (I know you said the suspension has already been upgraded - was that just by changing the stock fork innards and replacing the rear shock with a surrogate shock like a ZX6R or similar or is it a full setup like an Ohlins or Penske setup? If the former, save for the latter - I know I am . If the latter, get it dialed in/resprung specifically for you). The SV isn't a power machine, nor was it really intended to be. It is, however, flickable and fun as hell to ride - get one for that reason. If bhp is the requirement, go for something else.
100% agreement. It always amazes me watching guys spend thousands of dollars to make a bike gain 20 hp...just get a bigger bike. I'm not sure why the SV1000 is off the table.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote