View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #112
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

My feeling is that ALL dogs need to have responsible owners. They are carnivore/hunters after all and have a pack mentality. I do think some dogs need more attention than other and I think pitbulls are one of those breeds. My parent's dog is one of those breeds as well. She is VERY sensitive to any negitive training and it is very hard for them now that she is older to discipline her when she freaks if you even so much as raise your voice, yet she is so focused when she is going after another dog that you almost have to smack/startle her to prevent her from further attack. Sometimes I wish there was a Dog Whisperer that could give them advice. She is a terrier though and it is well documented that they can be dog aggressive.

I think a well trained pitbull is a great dog and one of my personal favorites. Do I think everyone is capable of training and handling a pitbull. NO and unfortunatly they have become common pets to families that don't give them the love/training they need and for that the breed suffers.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)

Last edited by HokieDNA01; 09-14-2009 at 07:20 PM..
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote