Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 06-08-2009, 07:32 PM   #1
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300
Default Any ladies here willing to admit????

Hey Ladies, hope you all are having a lovely day. Well it's confession time so who's going to step up to the plate and confess?? We all know guys can get into who has the biggest this or the fastest that and adrenalin often flows bringing out the competitive juices on their group rides while they are trying to show they have the greatest skills on two wheels.

What I want to know, is how many of you have fallen into that same type of thing perhaps female to female or female to male, but say the mentality of "I'm going to show these men/women I can ride or I will make sure I'm not at the back of the pack"?

Any of you just have to be faster than the next guy/girl?

I know generally it is men who behave this way, but there are women out there who have done the same. So who here is an estrogen packing badass on two wheels?
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #2
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I'll admit!

I've been riding with the same group of people for a number of years. Depending on who I ride with, I'm at varying points within the pack. Fair enough.

One ride, was riding behind my friend who happened to have a ZX10. 3 boys behind us (who I'd never met but shall forever be known as The Russians) decided that they didn't like riding behind girls. Keep in mind we were near the front of the pack in a fast group.

We pull up to a stop sign and I hear them say something about "riding behind the bitches"

I'm very non-competitive but it was enough to piss me off a bit.

Next set of twisties, first Russian (the one directly behind me)....pulls out on me in and then proceeds to block me into a corner so his buddies could get past.

Like I said...not competitive but I lost it and rode like a complete maniac for the next little while just to show them.

By the time I had significantly shown them I'd cooled down enough to realize how stupid I was being.

They couldn't ride for shit and it didn't take much to get back up in front of them....but it was a stupid move on my part.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:05 PM   #3
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I don't know what you are talking about
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Ok, part of what started this thread: We recently had a group ride consisting of all of our regulars, it just so happens that for each guy that rides, his spouse/girlfriend rides her own bike as well. So it's usually 4 guys and 4 girls and every now and then some different guys may tag along.

On this day, only my friend's wife rode. Well two guys decided to ride with us, none of us have ridden with one guy at all and the other guy had only ridden with one of us before. So we head up to some twisty roads and proceed to do our thing. Well to make a long story short the guy no one knew or had ridden with before was a BRAND new rider, had no permit or license, and did not tell anyone. He was riding a small Honda cruiser (shadow I think) but he was determined not to be out done by the only female rider in the group that day.

As you can read, several factors indicate trouble lies ahead for this guy. The only female rider happens to be the fastest female in our group and is faster than a few of the guys. Poor guy for trying to judge his talents skills off hers. Well he went into a curve too hot, stood the bike up and veered down the enbankment into a ditch filled with water. No serious injuries, but his nuts left a massive dent in the tank. Turns out the bike was borrowed not even his. His pride fully hurt he says a car crossed the yellow line, um What car? No car ever met us on that road.

I found out then that earlier at the gas station this guy had told my friend's wife that when we get to the curvy roads she should get behind him to avoid slowing him down. So after his wreck she apologized for sucking him into those curves!
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #5
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Ooooh....what an idiot!

My first reaction is to always be pissed at the "you're fast..for a girl" type comments. But for the most part I laugh them off and let my riding speak for itself.

I'm not the fastest out there, but I'm sure as hell not the slowest and I'm smooth and consistent.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

I most often see this as guys swarm to get out of pull offs/gas stations etc a head of me then I get to ride their ass the whole time. If you are faster than me, by all means get in front or I will be the first to wave you on. But damn it if you are going to slam the breaks in every corner, I'm going to get annoyed.

I really used to experience this while on my Ninja 250. I wasn't slow on it once on a twisty road and many guys just couldn't take a girl on a "slow" bike being in front. I had trouble passing them in straights though cause that is when they would gun it. Sucked.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:24 PM   #7
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
I most often see this as guys swarm to get out of pull offs/gas stations etc a head of me then I get to ride their ass the whole time. If you are faster than me, by all means get in front or I will be the first to wave you on. But damn it if you are going to slam the breaks in every corner, I'm going to get annoyed.

I really used to experience this while on my Ninja 250. I wasn't slow on it once on a twisty road and many guys just couldn't take a girl on a "slow" bike being in front. I had trouble passing them in straights though cause that is when they would gun it. Sucked.
hey I already apologized for holding you up at the gap!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 10:51 PM   #8
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

I didn't mind riding behind you Tigger...you have a nice ass! ;o)

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 02:20 AM   #9
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

I pass every Harley I see. Just because I can, I think. And something about burning rice........................
Fleck750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:32 AM   #10
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I don't know what you are talking about

Me either

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote