Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-11-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR
Default Camping

So this weekend I went camping in Southern Ohio at my Uncle's cabin.

Got there Friday afternoon and stayed until today. It was nice to take my husband down to see the cabin. I guess it was a barn or something way back in the day. My Uncle Dewey, in 1976 re-mortered it and made it nice. I used to go down when I was little but haven't been there in 20 years.

Fast forward to yesterday, the point of my thread... we were on our way back from town heading toward the place where my step-Grandma's family farm used to be. We passed a Jersey cheese farm, then decided to turn around to try some Jersey cheese. They are only open by appt only so we turned around again and headed on the way we had been going.

A trailblazer was coming around the corner so we pulled over and stopped since the roads there are more like drive ways - one lane and gravel. Continued on around the corner and down a hill... there were 2 little puppies walking in the middle of the road. That dumb bitch HAD to have just dumped them off. We stopped and took them with us, then turned back around going after her.

Some girls had been walking on down the road closer to town and we asked them about the truck. They seemed to know exactly who she was as they told us EXACTLY where to find it. We wrote the license number down and plan to report her.

Continued into town to see if the sheriff was still there, nope. Called them and the dog warden for the town, both went to voicemail. Unfreaking believable... voicemail for the sheriff. Neither of them have called back, not even to say we can't help or wait until Monday...

So we bought some dog food and took them back to the cabin with us. We (my Mom) temporarily named them Lacy and LuLu.

Today we came home and brought Lacy (on left, because of her fluffy ears) and LuLu with us. We plan to take them to our humane society up here. I hope they find a nice home.

How can people be so heartless? There is no way these two little girls could have made it through the night. Those hills are full of coyote, etc. and it was cold.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lacy & LuLu.jpg (378.2 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by racedoll; 10-11-2009 at 07:52 PM..
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Nice save

However, for the bitch that dropped them off

Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:30 PM   #3
MILK
The cows want you dead.

There's a word for that. Sociopath.

Poor puppies..
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

There really is no excuse for that kinda of shit. There are so many places you can take them and they won't even ask they will just accept them and you can walk away, what is so hard about doing that? I don't get it....[people are just ridiculous....
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #5
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

OMG! The cuteness! Don't you just want to keep them?!!

Good on you for rescuing them. Many would not have...
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 09:59 PM   #6
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Oh heavens, its a good thing you arent closer, Id be tempted to snag the longer haired pup, they are adorable.

Once again, I hate people. They suck.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:05 PM   #7
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzergirl View Post
OMG! The cuteness! Don't you just want to keep them?!!

Good on you for rescuing them. Many would not have...
There was no way any of us would let them out there in "the hills". I know I can't keep them so although to some it may seem like I'm attached, I am but not enough to keep them. I already have 2 dogs and 2 cats. That is enough. Puppies make things even more stressful because of the whole potty training, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Oh heavens, its a good thing you arent closer, Id be tempted to snag the longer haired pup, they are adorable.

Once again, I hate people. They suck.
I wish I did too! I want to make sure they have a good home. I'm glad we came up on them soon after she dumped them so they didn't have to go through any traumatic experiences.

Stupid thing is that they look healthy, though were VERY hungry and don't seem like they were abused or anything. So I just don't get it.

We drove past the house where the truck was sitting, stopped and beeped the horn and continued on. She knows that we know and hopefully is shitting herself.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:26 PM   #8
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

i thought this was going to be a thread about camping on the bike, sorry to see such cute pups abandoned

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:30 PM   #9
psychochild28
Banned

Moto: SV 650S

Awww poor dogies! Good thing you were there.

And I might know someone in Ohio looking for a dog. When you planing on taking them to the shelter?
psychochild28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:37 AM   #10
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

OMG they are so cute! If I were closer I would be tempted to take them also. Though she is a dumb bitch for dumping them, at least you guys found the pups and kept them safe. Hopefully they will find wonderful homes.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote