Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2009, 11:42 AM   #1
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR
Default Learned something yesterday....

I rode yesterday with Yamerhaw and a couple of others guys up to the Snake and learned a lot about me and my bike. For one, I now know, without a doubt, that my bike will power wheelie in second gear when trying to keep up with those guys. I also found out that I don't ride nearly as hard as they do, or most others. I am pretty laid back and a conservative type of person, as is Yamerhaw, but when he sets out to get with it, he gets it done.

I have never pushed myself like I did yesterday and to be honest, it was fun. It was also scary as I only had a textile jacket on with good gloves but no riding pants. I worried a lot about draggin a knee and killing my knee in the process. I faired well but still have a lot to learn if I want to hang with those guys. I don't know though, if that type of riding is for me or not. ??? Like I say, I'm pretty much just into getting out and having a good time seeing the scenery and being able to run it if I feel the need. I worry too much about things when I am out on the bike, like my children for example. I know that I need to clear those thoughts and just enjoy the ride but it's hard not to.

Anyhow, just wanted to give props to Yamerhaw and crew from yesterday and say that we saw some cool shit as well. This old dude on a motard passed us all up on the wrong side of the road. It probably wouldn't have happened but there was a truck in front of us and it was hard getting around it. The old man made it look easy as he must have not had a care in the world. He passed me on the wrong side of the road in a blind right hander! Crazy old Indian! lol