Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R
Default Mixing food

My wife(OCD) and I were having a discussion, does anyone else mix foods on your plate? I dont mean a mixer turning it into a chunky shake, I mean peas and carrots, meatloaf and mashed potatoes, caucasian and asian? I love meatloaf sammiches with mashed potatoes on them, my Grammy made seasoned hamburger mixed with creamed corn(YUM!)...Anyone else? The reason for the discussion was that she doesnt even let her food touch each other...I love the intermingling of flavors and told her she should try it.

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:30 PM   #2
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I couldn't care less if my food comes into contact on the plate. It's all going to the same place and coming out the same place

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I couldn't care less if my food comes into contact on the plate. It's all going to the same place and coming out the same place
That's just wrong.

If my meat touches my potatoes, I throw the whole thing away, and sanitize the table with a harsh cleanser.

JC
Old 02-02-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

I do that - my food not only doesn't touch but I eat only 1 thing at a time. No taking a bite of mashed potatoes then a bite of steak. You eat all of one thing and then something else.

I think mine comes from the 'clean your plate' mentality of my parents - you only put on your plate what you want to eat so I'd only put one thing at a time so when I got full I was done. My sister would have to sit there for an hour picking at her's because she piled everything on.

I'm not a freak about it though, restaurants where there are several things at once don't bother me.
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:52 PM   #5
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiergirl View Post
I do that - my food not only doesn't touch but I eat only 1 thing at a time. No taking a bite of mashed potatoes then a bite of steak. You eat all of one thing and then something else.
I'm the opposite. At every point in the meal (within reason ) I have to keep the proportions of everything equal. Ideally, I'll have one bite of each left at the end. Yeah, it's kind of f'ed up.

It's okay if the food mixes a bit, as long as it doesn't fuck up the ratios.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:01 AM   #6
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
I'm the opposite. At every point in the meal (within reason ) I have to keep the proportions of everything equal. Ideally, I'll have one bite of each left at the end. Yeah, it's kind of f'ed up.

It's okay if the food mixes a bit, as long as it doesn't fuck up the ratios.
I'm closer to this - though, now that I've realized it I'm "better." My youngest used to freak out when her food all touched. Well, until we got her a special plate and made fun of her for it... it's what parents are for.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 10:01 PM   #7
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:

I'm not a freak about it though, restaurants where there are several things at once don't bother me.
I am exactly like this! As a kid I had a plate that had separate spots for everything. I'm better now but even in a stir fry I will eat all of one vegetable first, then all of the next, etc.

People think I'm weird.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 05:30 PM   #8
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:

It really depends on the food (and how hungry I am) but, say, side dishes that have a lot of liquid, I really don't like contaminating my other food. Making other things soggy or what have you.
I never went so far as to get the little divided plates or anything, but I will often push any offending foods to their respective corners.
Old 02-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #9
skiergirl
Gixxer Girl

Moto: 05 GSXR 750 & 06 YZ250F

I actually knew a girl that if her food touched she WOULD throw the whole thing away and get a new plate - THAT isn't OCD that's just 'special' in a whole other way.
skiergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #10
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I do the same thing, bothers me big time. If there are potatoes on my meat I will scrape them off before I eat. I also eat one item at a time too, not a bite of one then the other.