Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2009, 12:01 AM   #1
Frostz28
Redneck

Moto: 2005 GSXR 750
Default getting into the track scene

Hey guys, well Ive been to a few track days with some friends and they are addicted. After the first track day they sold their street bikes and bought track bikes (one has a 99 R6 and the other has an 01 GSXR 750) They are set on getting me addicted to it as well. Little do they know Im already addicted problem is I cant give up my street bike I just love it to much. So Im trying to get myself a track bike, right now Im thinking about and SV650 because I really don't want a super fast bike on the track. I still plan to keep my GSXR 750 for the street so my question is, If I ride a much faster bike on the street will I be happy with a slower bike on the track? I think I will because I think Ill be much more comfortable trying to push a smaller bike than I would a faster bike, and I think a slower bike will force me to learn to "ride fast" and not just cruise around the corners and rail the straights. Meaning with a smaller bike ill be able to focus on body position and lines rather than just trying to hang on to a big bike. I just don't want to get a SV650 and end up wishing I had a faster bike. I REALLY dont care about keeping up with my buddies they are both far more advanced than I ever plan to be so thats not an issue. So do you think the smaller bike on the track will satisfy me or am I going to end up wishing I had gotten an inline.

"Guys like me drink to many beers on Friday after work, our best blue jeans have skoal rings, we wear our boots to church"
Frostz28 is offline   Reply With Quote