Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2009, 01:23 PM   #21
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Its not about being cowardly IMO, its about the possibility of losing your kid. There was a young mother arrested in Texas for being caught on security camera spanking her kid in the parking lot...so the minivan isn't necessarily a safe zone.

I believe that corporal punishment works best when it can be enacted on the spot and used while the child is in the act of naughtiness or directly afterward. Not to say that following up on a warning later on at home isn't effective, I just believe its more effective when used with accurate timing.

I will not agree with what this guy did because I wasn't there. But if this kid was throwing a big hissy fit and screaming for an extended amount of time and the mom wasn't doing anything...then yes, someone deserved to get slapped. We all see it every time we go out in public, out of control kids that are receiving no form of discipline besides, "Do you want me to bust your butt?" or "Do you want to be grounded?" Idle threats that do not in any way influence a child's behavior. And most of us wish the parents would do something, the adamant among us would like to slap the kid ourselves.

I don't have to say, "I would've beat that motherfuckers ass if it was my kid" because my kid would NEVER, EVER do that. If he's crying in the store its because he just broke his arm or stepped on a pongee stick.

This kid suffered no physical trauma besides being a little red in the face...however there is a good chance she will at least look around for crazy old white men before she throws another tantrum.
if you're talking about the lady who was punching her kid in the head in the back of her vehicle, then yes. I can see losing your kid for that.. That's not discipline, that is abuse.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote