Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2009, 01:43 PM   #1
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300
Default I love getting lost but perhaps consider we all should consider planned routes?

I love to jump on my bike with no particular destination, see a new road and decide to take it to see where it leads, BUT lately I've been reading about so many bikers while out riding alone crashing and not being found until days later has me thinking that if I am going alone then perhaps I should have a planned route and let my wife and/or others know along with an expected return time. That way if too much time passes and no one has heard from me, they at least know which route/direction to begin any searches.

I don't push as hard when alone but still things happen. There are some nasty places along the side of the mountain roads where only hunters may find you and passing cars can not see you.

I've heard about other things such as gps on your cell phone, some sort of technology that pinpoints your location(can't recall the name though) What other technology or safeguards do you all know of?

I hate reading stories about fallen riders who could have possibly lived with sooner intervention.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote