Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2010, 10:36 PM   #19
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
You'll be fine.

Those of us that have hosted or worked at numerous trackdays (azoom, oreo, ceo, racerboy, jgalt, me, etc) can tell you of dozens of riders we have seen to the ride to-ride-ride home bit.

Is it ideal? No.

Can it be done? Easily.

I would definitely buddy up with someone at the track (beforehand if possible) so you "know" someone there in the worst case scenario.
Exactly Mike... is it the best case? No.

Do most people who do it end up being fine and not having any problems? Yes.

Are the ones who have problems helped out by riders/staff/etc due to the great community atmosphere? Always.

Would I allow having to ride to the TD stop me from going to one? Not a fucking chance in hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
My step-dad has a trailer that I can borrow. I'd just have to either use his truck, or get a hitch installed on my Santa Fe. Either option is doable. I'm also going to check with some local riders about maybe just bumming a ride. I'm sure they do some group trackdays once in a while.
On the other hand, with this new information... If you have a trailer and truck you can borrow that easily, I think you'd be a fool not to do that. Definitely more ideal to haul that shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
My primary concern with someone riding to and from the track is the rider being too exhausted to safely get home.
This is also a great point... we've had riders going home after their first track day, riding, and an afternoon rainstorm swooped in. Talk about a long and tough day. I was worried about them.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote