Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600
Default Considering a summer in Alaska....

Anyone ever been there or know someone who has worked up there?

A friend of mine has a summer job locked down in Talkeetna, which is about 2 hours north of Anchorage. Another friend and I were considering traveling up there and spending the summer working and experiencing the state.

I am set to graduate in 3 weeks and I was going to get a job in Savannah and then begin my work life until I decide to go back to school in 2 or 3 years. However, the idea of heading up to Alaska and working for a bit sounds like it would be a memorable experience.

Everyone I have suggested this idea to have given me outstanding responses so far. I was wondering if anyone here had some first hand knowledge or experience they could share with me?

I would probably head up there sometime in late May and just throw my bed, desk, and bike in a storage unit. My car can be parked at a friends house while I am gone and my mom has vowed to take care of my dog for the 5 or 6 months. I am young, single, responsible for very few bills at this point, and in dire need of adventure. If I don't this kinda crap soon, I probably never will.

Discuss!

Thanks

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote