Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Dirt

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-2011, 11:22 PM   #22
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Thats fine. You still never answered the original question though.

I dont want you to take this the wrong way, because we've been friends here and cf for a long time, but how can you judge what other people should ride when you have never even ridden with them?

If there was a reason behind your opinions, i'd put a little more stock in them. But your talking like your the only person here who rides dirt, and acting like he couldnt possibly handle a 450, when you have no idea what his riding skills are in the first place.

I mean seriously, you've been riding dirt for what, 5 years? We've been doing it since we were 5 years old. We know the difference between a trail and dirt bike, and where each excels. We arent the idiots you seem to be trying to make us out to be.

Alright what's the original question - Which bike? I say YZ because I'm a Yamaha fan based on my history and availability of dealerships and the few diehard ones that actually race and sponsor the tracks around here.

I'm not making you out to be idiots. If you have previous experience that's fine. But when he doesn't go into specific detail about some of his questions and comments how am I supposed to respond? I mean, if you're experienced enough as you make yourselves out to be, why ask what kinda gear he needs besides the usual? Well... What's your guys idea of usual? I've seen country side trail riders use a helmet and jeans for gear. But if you go to a certain track with dirt filled with lots of pebbles and stones - a roost protector is listed on the rule sign as part of a "necessary" requirement. These aren't really the type of questions that go along with a 450 purchase so you got my responses.

BTW who else actually rides dirt here and doesn't agree with me? He asked what we thought. If you guys don't like it, don't ask.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote