Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2011, 12:19 AM   #16
Razor
Token

Moto: '07 Kawasaki Mean Streak Special Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
little bit different there. the revolver if double action can be carried unchambered. when you pull the trigger it goes bang as the cylinder then rotates to a live round.

with a semi auto, if you don't have a round chambered you would have to rack the slide in order to use the gun. if you had time, you would still need the forsight to do that.
I don't know anyone who carries an auto unchambered. if it's a 1911 they have the safety engaged if it's a glock style or springfield, well they have internal safetys. it would be hard to get a gun to go off like that without messing with it. back strap, trigger and other safetys make it very difficult to fire unless you're holding it and pulling the trigger.
This...

You wouldn't have an accidental discharge unless something strikes the round. In the closed cylinder of a revolver that could only be the hammer and in order for that to happen the hammer would have to be cocked back thus advancing the cylinder to a live round so I really dont see what good having an empty chamber under the hammer is, just means one less shot...

An unchambered pistol is about as useless as tits on a Boar hog, unless you just need a club... IMO