Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2011, 10:07 AM   #10
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
all aboard the fail boat, this will just piss off more customers. They are digging themselves a nice deep hole.
I understand that from a business perspective this works, its a great idea, split two businesses with separate products (streaming vs dvd), show they are separate companies by creating separate websites. But from a customers perspective this is just downright dumb.

Unless....

This means they can start to negotiate two contracts for content, and get better pricing for their streaming services (which they are trying to secure as their core content).

Or.... (my guess)

They are trying to completely kill off their high overhead DVD services all together without hurting their streaming business too much. I can see sometime next year a press release (soon after another press release from nextflix announcing that all titles available for DVD will be available streaming) from quickster saying 'due to lack of interest and low sales figure we are ceasing operations'. This way they can file for bankrupcy and netflix wont be held liable