Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2008, 06:19 PM   #1
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt
Default Factory pro v-stack install and mini review

came home from work today to find this lovely little box just chillin on my doorstep

open her up and inside are my new shorter stacks and a couple of stickers

quick inspection reveals that these guys are made from the same quality plastic as the factory ones, sweet. looking a little closer i can see where someone hand sanded off any trace of casting flash. good, attention to quality is hard to find sometimes now lets go compare them to the stockers

good lawd! are those intakes or the business end of a pipe organ? these guys are held in place by three screws and its a gasketless design. should be easy but you know how that one goes 4 out of 6 screws were extra loose, yikes! of course, the hard to reach ones in the back are on gorilla tight...fuckers...some wd40 later and we get em out nice and easy. now we can do a nice side by side comparo

signifigant differences here, the FP stacks are shorter so they ought to move the meat of the powerband further up the rev range. sounds good to me, but wait! look at the #4 stack from the stockers! half the damn trumpet is missing cause of clearance issues with the stock airbox. looks like my honda came stock with only about 3 1/2 cylinders worth of airflow.

new guys in, nice and tight. bolt everything back together...check my work and its time for a test ride...woohooo! first impressions, the motor is running smoother...lots smoother, and shes feeling more powerful everywhere as well, specially on top! best part though is the sound, its subtle but shes taken on a more even scream under throttle, sounds ferocious, gotta be cause the stacks are even height. huge grins all around. anyway, in summary:

price: $200 shipped...decent
fit and finish.............excellent
power increase..........good
sound change............awesome
bling.........................minimal
install time.................15 minutes
satisfaction................lots

great mod, i'd highly recomend it to just about anyone. well, with a 954 anyway. results may differ with other bikes
TWF Post whore #6

Last edited by Dave; 07-15-2008 at 06:21 PM..
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote