Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 03-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #61
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Seriously you have one fucked up view on education buddy.

Were you molested by a teacher as a child? I'm not even kidding when I say this because your views are EFFED!!!!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #62
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
I'm not even kidding when I say this because your views are EFFED!!!!
He's young, so yea.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:38 PM   #63
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Seriously you have one fucked up view on education buddy.

Were you molested by a teacher as a child? I'm not even kidding when I say this because your views are EFFED!!!!
Unfortunately no.

I'm just tired of teachers bitching about how tough their job is and when they fail they can't believe that they should be held accountable for their failure. Teachers do not have to compete to keep their job which makes them sorry (same for most government workers). People are forced at gun point to send their kids to a paticular school with the only option out is to pay up yourself (despite you already pay taxes for your kids to go there) or move to a better school system. Not to mention teachers will kick, scream, and go down in the blaze of glory to oppose any measures that might make them accountable for their fuck ups and improve the school system. Mainly becuase to improve the school system, one step is to hold teachers accountable which in teacher's eyes are just complete bullshit.

Unions are shitty in the private sector. Government unions are shittier and then you have teacher unions which are complete shit because they have the "think of the children" card in their back pockets.
Old 03-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #64
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

I think you have repressed your molestation.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:59 PM   #65
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Unfortunately no.

I'm just tired of teachers bitching about how tough their job is and when they fail they can't believe that they should be held accountable for their failure. Teachers do not have to compete to keep their job which makes them sorry (same for most government workers). People are forced at gun point to send their kids to a paticular school with the only option out is to pay up yourself (despite you already pay taxes for your kids to go there) or move to a better school system. Not to mention teachers will kick, scream, and go down in the blaze of glory to oppose any measures that might make them accountable for their fuck ups and improve the school system. Mainly becuase to improve the school system, one step is to hold teachers accountable which in teacher's eyes are just complete bullshit.

Unions are shitty in the private sector. Government unions are shittier and then you have teacher unions which are complete shit because they have the "think of the children" card in their back pockets.
You can only hold someone so accountable for their performance, when the mark by which they are measured is someone else's performance.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #66
sherri_chickie
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: Gs500F

I would like to see what would happen to society if everyone decided not to be a teacher.. if you can read this post.. thank a teacher.

Frankly there are some horrible teachers, I had a couple, but most teachers are very hard working, most I know have had jobs outside of education. We are held accountable, what do you think the whole standardized testing and no child left behind act are? We have evaluations of our lessons done every year, often several times a year, we can be put on growth plans and fired if we don't improve. When I taught in Texas the entire 3rd grade team was told that they would be fired if the students did not pass the test, is there not pressure to perform there? And what about parents accountability? I am in a room with 24 kids I have to teach to all abilities, disabilities and interests, the least a parent could do is read to their child and night and help them with homework. ( I don't really believe in homework) There is no accountability for parents.
sherri_chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 12:40 PM   #67
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
I think you have repressed your molestation.
And I can make a claim that you often showing your breasts are from your daddy molesting you and that you constantly crave attention (from your male peers). By the way, that is a sign of molestation and sexual abuse (ask your local stripper or prostitute). Fun stuff!

Anyways, back in adult world, I understand the system is flawed. Standardized testing is a major contributer to it. Instead of actually learning how to think, we learn how to test which produces idiot students. It's clear in my anatomy and physiology class where they actually test your ability to in a sense, connect the dots. You just can't remember shit; you have to know how it works and why. It's why we had a class of 64 go down to 29 with me and a few others the only ones passing (the older ones are the only ones passing). The younger people fresh out of high school couldn't get past basic memorization and failed horrible at the tests.

There are a lot of other problems with schools (starting with the word GOVERNMENT), but everytime the subject comes up and they ask the teachers who are on the front lines what needs to be done, what do they say needs to happen? Do they mention having school vouchers where parents can send their kids to performing schools? No, not a chance in hell. That would mean the teachers (and school) would have to compete for your money just like in the private sector.

Another big improvement would be having the teachers stand up to the administrators and say "get these undisciplined kids out of our classrooms or we all quit". But nope the only universal agreement that teachers can have is WE WANT MORE MONEY to fix the fucked up system.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #68
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
And I can make a claim that you often showing your breasts are from your daddy molesting you and that you constantly crave attention (from your male peers). By the way, that is a sign of molestation and sexual abuse (ask your local stripper or prostitute). Fun stuff!

Anyways, back in adult world, I understand the system is flawed. Standardized testing is a major contributer to it. Instead of actually learning how to think, we learn how to test which produces idiot students. It's clear in my anatomy and physiology class where they actually test your ability to in a sense, connect the dots. You just can't remember shit; you have to know how it works and why. It's why we had a class of 64 go down to 29 with me and a few others the only ones passing (the older ones are the only ones passing). The younger people fresh out of high school couldn't get past basic memorization and failed horrible at the tests.

There are a lot of other problems with schools (starting with the word GOVERNMENT), but everytime the subject comes up and they ask the teachers who are on the front lines what needs to be done, what do they say needs to happen? Do they mention having school vouchers where parents can send their kids to performing schools? No, not a chance in hell. That would mean the teachers (and school) would have to compete for your money just like in the private sector.

Another big improvement would be having the teachers stand up to the administrators and say "get these undisciplined kids out of our classrooms or we all quit". But nope the only universal agreement that teachers can have is WE WANT MORE MONEY to fix the fucked up system.
Funny, i've never heard a teacher say, "pay me more, and the kids will learn more", just a lot of "pay me more, because at 34000$ a year, this really isnt worth the bullshit". Up here, teachers are leaving the profession left and right, and its not because of money, its because of the expectations placed on them by parents and school officials, while those two entities refuse to do their part and help out.

If you cant make sure/care enough to see your kids are getting the help they need, you should hang yourself, not blame the teachers.

I hear it a lot around here. "Oh, johnny isnt doing good because the teachers at the highschool dont like him"

No, not quite. Johnny isnt doing well because he's a drug addict, and never had what normal people would call parents, who cared enough about his education to make sure sure he was actually making an effort to get one.

The problem isnt teachers, its that they have to pick up the slack that parents and schoolboards arent.

Im sorry your too young and naive to understand anything but your own fucked up logic.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 01:23 PM   #69
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post

Im sorry your too young and naive to understand anything but your own fucked up logic.
It's not his fault.

The school system failed him.

JC
Old 03-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #70
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Young people think that they know everything. Us old fucks know we do

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote