call the locksmith @ $125 32 84.21%
lie and say you'd call the locksmith, but prolly call teh FD 0 0%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2009, 07:22 AM   #131
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Naw, they are around or they will lurk.

Everyone knows that people don't leave an internet forum without telling everyone about how they must move on with their lives because everyone else on the forum is at fault and there is no way around it but somehow they also want pity.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 07:33 AM   #132
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
Naw, they are around or they will lurk.

Everyone knows that people don't leave an internet forum without telling everyone about how they must move on with their lives because everyone else on the forum is at fault and there is no way around it but somehow they also want pity.
you mean the big I am taking my ball and going home threads. I know some are sincere if thye ar emoving on with their lives or gettin gout of motorcycling and that sort of stuff. i think there were a few from SBN who made the big I am leaving post then stuck around for 2 or 3 months.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #133
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
you mean the big I am taking my ball and going home threads. I know some are sincere if thye ar emoving on with their lives or gettin gout of motorcycling and that sort of stuff. i think there were a few from SBN who made the big I am leaving post then stuck around for 2 or 3 months.

Tom
Yeah because they like to see if people e-love them.

If you made real friends then you would talk to them off the forums and it wouldn't be a big deal. The people telling everyone they are taking their ball home are more or less informing people of one less ball in the play pen than a lack of person to play with.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:25 AM   #134
Angee
Dutch's PITA

Moto: I ride Dutch...and an 09 Kawi 250

How about this?....my teenager keeps and eye on his brother for about an hour and a half on the whole 2 days there's noone here when they get out of school. He takes his house keys with him every day just in case we have to go somewhere on the days we're here. I usually check with him to make sure he has them, but after asking him about them one morning he forgot to grab them. I got a call that evening with Rob giggling saying Chris had to climb on the roof to get into the house...he didn't want me to be mad at him (for climbing on the roof moreso than leaving his keys home) so he asked Rob not to tell me. To mess with him, when I got home I just told him his nickname was monkey-butt when he was little for a reason....deer in the headlights! He was stumped...i just laughed. Point is, he did it on his own. Yeah, they could have went to the neighbor's house, but he figured out a way to get in without bothering anyone, and he's a teenager...and there IS a FD just 5 houses down, but I would NEVER waste resources on that. Once those guys are on a call, if an emergency comes up, hey are stuck there. Someone could die while they are unlocking a house. No contest on that poll...call a locksmith definitely wins hands down unless breaking in is an option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Those things are awesome. We gave out the clap and syphilis last christmas.
Angee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 10:38 AM   #135
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

I'd call my Mom to come let me in... she is ½ mile away and had a key or two! If not, then I'd find another way in. All be damned if a break a window... we just got them in January (after having just single pane crappy ones for the last 3 years).
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:55 PM   #136
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
Yeah because they like to see if people e-love them.

If you made real friends then you would talk to them off the forums and it wouldn't be a big deal. The people telling everyone they are taking their ball home are more or less informing people of one less ball in the play pen than a lack of person to play with.

Troof.

I made a sort big exit off of CF when I left, telling Stewie to fuck off. But, before I did that, I also made sure I had my friends' numbers, or other ways to stay in contact with them, and linked them HERE before I made my grand exit. There are still a couple who haven't decided to be apart of TWF, but that's fine. They weren't big into the forums anyway and I have other ways of talking with them.

And for the record, I haven't been to CF sine then...not to talk. I've been back to snag some of my pictures since my old computer crashed. But I haven't read any recent threads or participated in anything there. And I still have several pictures I need to snag but just haven't felt like doing it.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #137
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Troof.

I made a sort big exit off of CF when I left, telling Stewie to fuck off. But, before I did that, I also made sure I had my friends' numbers, or other ways to stay in contact with them, and linked them HERE before I made my grand exit. There are still a couple who haven't decided to be apart of TWF, but that's fine. They weren't big into the forums anyway and I have other ways of talking with them.

And for the record, I haven't been to CF sine then...not to talk. I've been back to snag some of my pictures since my old computer crashed. But I haven't read any recent threads or participated in anything there. And I still have several pictures I need to snag but just haven't felt like doing it.
The cf thing is a little different since there was a mass exodus, but i agree on keeping in touch with friends even if i were to leave. I still see guys who no longer ride on the forums since their friends are there.

Tom
Old 02-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #138
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
The cf thing is a little different since there was a mass exodus, but i agree on keeping in touch with friends even if i were to leave. I still see guys who no longer ride on the forums since their friends are there.

Tom
True. I was kinda of comparing my "grand" exit with what others do. I don't leave one place without telling people how I really feel. Wait...I typically tell it like it is anyway.

Either way, I still manage to keep up with my friends in one form or another.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-21-2009, 03:18 PM   #139
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
True. I was kinda of comparing my "grand" exit with what others do. I don't leave one place without telling people how I really feel. Wait...I typically tell it like it is anyway.

Either way, I still manage to keep up with my friends in one form or another.
I think jewlz was one who had a quiet departure. Said she was leaving, kinda gave her reasons and went on her way, but that was more due to what was going on in her life as opposed to getting upset with people in the forum or a change in power.

I was surprised Z kinda kept quiet a slong as she did, being her husband got dumped on quite a bit ( alot of it deserving I may add) and I think ed liked to push peoples buttons at the same time knowing some of this stuff would turn into a real shit storm of debate.

tom
Old 02-21-2009, 03:46 PM   #140
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
I was surprised Z kinda kept quiet a slong as she did, being her husband got dumped on quite a bit ( alot of it deserving I may add) and I think ed liked to push peoples buttons at the same time knowing some of this stuff would turn into a real shit storm of debate.

tom

Me too, although she said she knew he deserved alot of what he got. I think he likes to push people's buttons too. Just like what he did recently. He started a thread about what happened and when everyone stated they would have done something else BUT use the fire dept he decided to make THIS thread/poll about it even after everyone had said they would have done something else.....like he was adding more fuel to the fire. I'm not quite sure why she stepped in the middle of this one and saying what she did seeing he was keeping the whole debate going with the new thread, although I'm sure after seeing him get blasted for shit for years it's finally gotten to her.

I didn't even think the FD would do anything like open locked doors in a non-emegerncy situation. Maybe if a small child had been locked inside I could see doing it. It's not exactly an emergency but if it was going to take a locksmith a long time to get there as opposed the FD getting there quicker....there's lots of stuff a small child can get into and potentially hurt themselves....maybe then I would have considered it after exhausting other routes (like a locksmith taking a really long time getting there or not being able to break into my own house, which I've always been able to do) if I would have known about it. Regardless if I'm paying taxes or not (when I was buying my own place) for emergency services, I've never used the service unless I've had to....in an emergency. I'm pretty sure that since the FD appeared not to be busy, they thought nothing of it, but what kind of fiasco could have happened if they would have gotten a real emergency call? I can't speak for Ed and Z, but if it were me, I would have felt really bad knowing that my non-emergency could have hindered a real emergency if they would have gotten the call.

I used to fuss at my mom for using EMS to take her to the hospital when she started having problems breathing, especially after she would lay there for hours having problems, then not bothering to wake my aunt up (if it was in the middle of the night) to take her because she didn't want to bother her. But she could bother others for the same service my aunt could have done...take her to ER. She wasn't getting seen any quicker. Her argument was they'd check her out and put her on O2 quicker on the way. The hospital is 10 minutes away from her. Add the time it takes them to get to her then back to the ED....it would have been quicker for her to get my aunt to take her and she still could have been checked out just as quick because she was a regular at the ED. Then add the extra fees for ambulatory services that Medicare paid for on top of it. To me, it never made any sense, but I could never get her to understand that. The last year she was alive, everytime she went to the ED, she went by ambulance...and she went at least once every other month.

Even as part of the first responders I had situations that were non emergencies come through and people would get pissed because I either had to place them on hold or couldn't help them because I was handling things that were emergencies. I've learned that alot of people define their needing "help" as an "emergency".....95% of the time, it's not a true emergency. But try telling them that....

Quote:
Myspace