Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #41
Flexin
AMA Supersport

BTW I have heard great things about the Monster Turbines. I want to check them out.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #42
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post

Speaking of noise reduction I tried on the Bose comfort 15 headphones and I'm really impressed with the amount of sound they block out.

James
well i just read soemthing that said bose's reduce only 20db, less then reg. earplugs but sure enough, the article says 37db.........WOW

Another reason in-ear headphones have the upper hand on formal headphones is sound isolation. Sure, you can find noise suppressant headphones like Bose's highly touted QuietComfort2, but even those will produce only a 20-decibel reduction. The Shure E3cs with foam ear insets will almost flat out adjourn all outside noise, offering a 93% sound reduction of 37 decibels. To experience a similar effect, try plugging your ears using your fingers. This is about the degree at which the E3cs eliminate outside sound.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:20 PM   #43
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

I use iFrogs earbuds. Same general design as Skullcandy, but far cheaper.
I paid $13 for mine, and love 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:02 PM   #44
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
well i just read soemthing that said bose's reduce only 20db, less then reg. earplugs but sure enough, the article says 37db.........WOW

Another reason in-ear headphones have the upper hand on formal headphones is sound isolation. Sure, you can find noise suppressant headphones like Bose's highly touted QuietComfort2, but even those will produce only a 20-decibel reduction. The Shure E3cs with foam ear insets will almost flat out adjourn all outside noise, offering a 93% sound reduction of 37 decibels. To experience a similar effect, try plugging your ears using your fingers. This is about the degree at which the E3cs eliminate outside sound.
Where did you read 20db? I tried them on and it seemed like a lot more then 20db.

As far as noise reduction gos I'm impressed with how much sound is blocked by the Full Metal Jackets. I didn't buy then for that but I was happy to find that they did block it when using load construction equipment.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:06 PM   #45
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

I've worked as a musician and audio professional all my life. A bar napkin works just fine, and if I remember to bring something from home, I'll use a foam set. How hard you plug your ear with either will determine the overall amount and frequency of attenuation.

Save your money.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:09 PM   #46
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

BTW, numbers mean dick for the most part. If you really are serious about spending the money on good earplugs, you need frequency attenuation graphs, and at least a rudimentary understanding of what the Fletcher-Munson curve is. With these two things, you can then interpret what the true "perceived" attenuation will be.