Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 12-27-2009, 05:08 PM   #91
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

What the fuck does improving the national Internet infrastructure have to do with human rights? It's a national security issue, as I see it.

It protects our interests in the world as a valid competitor in an increasingly Internet-driven competitive International marketplace. Even though we "invented" the Internet, we are no longer leaders in it (far from it, apparently), and if you don't think the Internet is important to national Interests, then you're just another Kaczynski.

This isn't about bringing YouTube to farmers, it's about improving our network infrastructure in order to be more competitive as a COUNTRY.

Last edited by Avatard; 12-27-2009 at 05:11 PM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:46 PM   #92
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Holy shit, you are even dumber than I thought.
You have the intellectual capacity of a table leg, so coming from you, that's a compliment.

Quote:
You want to take other people's money to help contribute to the greater good???
First off, it's not "other peoples money", it's MY MONEY too. I pay a lot more in taxes than you do, (according to your posts, you don't pay shit) so STFU about other peoples money.

How much have you contributed towards our National Defense? Dick, that's how much. Did you go to a public school? I'm guessing you did. You know who payed for that? Me motherfucker (that would be the collective "me", as in motherfuckers who pay taxes for schools, even though they don't have any kids), that's who. In your case that money was surely squandered. Your dumb cracker ass owes me a refund.

Mind you, I'm not complaining. I know the money I spend on education will not reach the smart kids only. I'll end up paying for some retards too, but that's ok, because all in all, it's for the greater good.

When you start paying for the education of retards with snake flags, you can bitch all you want. Until then, you can blow me.

JC
Old 12-27-2009, 07:03 PM   #93
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

You're right, but if we (the collective we) paid for Smittie's education, then I, for one, demand a refund.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #94
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
The highway infrastructure was originally for the military (a legit role of government). It is also a voluntary tax since you pay taxes on the roadways through gasoline (which is why you can buy off road diesel for tractors that don't use the highway) and ad valorem (in some states). If you don't drive or own a car then you don't pay taxes on the roadways. I know some federal money goes to the roadways but that's just our fucked up government at work.

Rail system? Built by private companies (such as Union Pacific). I'm opposed to government ran railways. If there is a real benefit to them then a private company would build them since people would be willing to pay for it if it is so vital to our lives.

As for growing our country to compete in the international marketplace being vital to our national security? I can't even comprehend how your dumbass could even come close to making a connection between the two.

As for my signature. I thought it was funny and personally I think it fits you better. You hate freedom because you fear getting the wrong juice. And you fear yourself because you can't understand personal responsibility.

You are just a selfish person who I'm sure Kohlberg would be proud of. It's all about you, you, you, you and you. You want the government to regulate juice labeling so you don't have to think, you want the government to regulate fertilizer companies because you might get the wrong seed, but you want to de-regulate the airport security because it can inconvenience you? You want the government to revolve around you. Which if that is the case then why don't you run for office and make everything right for everyone?
Are you saying the government had nothing to do with the railway?

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:54 PM   #95
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
...And you're Ted Kaczynski lite, and one hell of a fucking whackbag.
And you'd probably join the SLA if you had the chance and weren't such a coward.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:30 PM   #96
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
.... My company sells on the internet. ....
Now the real reason for free internet comes out...

See... there is usually a hidden agenda.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:41 PM   #97
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Now the real reason for free internet comes out...

See... there is usually a hidden agenda.
Nothing hidden about it, I'm a capitalist.

More people online, means more online sales. More online sales nation wide, means more money being spent nation wide. That, in turn, equals more jobs and more economic growth.

Why do you hate America?

JC
Old 12-28-2009, 02:45 PM   #98
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Default Exactly

Quote:
Nothing hidden about it, I'm a capitalist.

More people online, means more online sales. More online sales nation wide, means more money being spent nation wide. That, in turn, equals more jobs and more economic growth.

Why do you hate America?

JC
Old 12-28-2009, 02:46 PM   #99
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:

Why do you hate America?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:55 PM   #100
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

Quote:
Yeah it's called get satellite. Costs more, but you live in bung foo egypt, so pay up IMO.
Companies will stay in an area where it makes the most buisness sense. Buidling millon dollar towers everywhere so 50 people can have wireless makes no buisness sense. Hence why the government needs to stay out.
Satellite is broadband in a technical sense. However, the latency is brutal (even at the speed of light, it takes a while for data to run through the atmosphere and back), which means it sucks ass for things like terminal server applications.

And you need to shop around a bit for your towers.

Quote:
If the government runs your internet or subsidies companies to do so, what incentive is there for customer service when you cannot switch carriers?
That's already the situation when it comes to wired broadband. Verizon is the ILEC for our little section of South Carolina. Don't know how the hell they ended up owning the wires, since everything else in the county is owned by AT&T (formerly Bellsouth), but they couldn't possibly care less. They refuse to upgrade the local Central Office to run DSL, so we don't get it.

Comcast owns the franchise rights to cable in our area. Call any other cable company, and they say we can't help you, call Comcast. Call Comcast, and they say "we show that your local carrier is DirectTV." They refuse to run cable a mile down one of the main roads in town, even when we offered to pay them to do it, even when the town council intervened on resident's behalf. The local wired utilities are government-licensed monopolies, and they say "fuck you".