Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 05-18-2010, 10:09 AM   #41
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I'll wait to see the video before crucifying the police department. The story is one sided and as of yet no video evidence has been provided to the public.
Troof

3 sides to every story but I bet there are some officers cringing right now wondering if there is some video out there...IF they did anything wrong.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:49 AM   #42
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

The officer that lobbed in the grenade, and fired the shot is supposed to be the same officer that was involved in a shootout with others in another house a year ago, where they shot back from inside.

I think perhaps our boy was tripping, had a "flashback", and forgot where he was.

I think people selected for this job can't be the ones with "mental issues", because they carry weapons as part of the job description.

I think the police need to stop invading family homes at night.

In America.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:52 AM   #43
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I think the police need to stop invading family homes at night.

In America.
Exactly.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:25 PM   #44
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!

That changes EVERYTHING if it's true. The fact that it happened is horrible...the fact that they lied about to cover it up/justify it is even worse.
What!!? Cops would lie to cover their asses? No way.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:59 AM   #45
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Very sad for the slain girl. RIP

Typical lying cops...crooked as the crimminals, esp. in Detriot.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 01:31 PM   #46
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I think people selected for this job can't be the ones with "mental issues", because they carry weapons as part of the job description.
Another problem with that is cops are paid shit. $26k a year to get shot at by some 15 year old driving past curfew? No one in their right mind would take that job unless it is just a passion of theirs. But we keep dumping money into government programs for deadbeats who happen to be the ones burning houes and shooting cops while we cut the budget for police and firefighters.

I am curious what those opposed to the police raids think is the best way to go after criminals (real ones). You have a suspected murderer and you know he is in a house with people. You need this guy so he/she can have their day in court and brought to justice. Do you just knock on the door and ask him to come out all nice like? I agree that we are wasting our time with the war on drugs but getting a murderer is not a waste of time. And in order to protect the law enforcement officers who are enforcing the anti-killing people laws I think it is best to go in by suprise vs giving the guy a chance to have a standoff with police.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:55 PM   #47
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I am curious what those opposed to the police raids think is the best way to go after criminals (real ones). You have a suspected murderer and you know he is in a house with people. You need this guy so he/she can have their day in court and brought to justice. Do you just knock on the door and ask him to come out all nice like? I agree that we are wasting our time with the war on drugs but getting a murderer is not a waste of time. And in order to protect the law enforcement officers who are enforcing the anti-killing people laws I think it is best to go in by suprise vs giving the guy a chance to have a standoff with police.
Step 1: Make sure you have the right fucking house.

Step 2: Make sure the guy you're after, is actually in the house, (this is kind of important).

Step 3: Wait for him to come out, and then shoot his ass (if need be).

I'd like to know what the protocol is. Do the cops even think to ask their informants if there are children in the house, or do they just not give a shit?

JC
Old 05-24-2010, 02:24 PM   #48
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Another problem with that is cops are paid shit. $26k a year to get shot at by some 15 year old driving past curfew?
$26K starting salary in a small town, maybe.........But the starting salary in a decent-szize town could easily be $50K. And then it just goes up from there...... It's not like the typical job that only gives you a 3% raise a year.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:07 PM   #49
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
$26K starting salary in a small town, maybe.........But the starting salary in a decent-szize town could easily be $50K. And then it just goes up from there...... It's not like the typical job that only gives you a 3% raise a year.
Gwinnnett County Georgia (probably the most well funded county in the suburbs of Atlanta) starts around 26-28. I'm sure NYPD gets more but cost of living is a bitch up there too so they might as well come down here. Now granted their benefits and retirement packages kick ass but not worth getting shot at for that.

Even if cops do get 50k+ then that means there is some government hack desk jockey making 75k somewhere else for doing nothing. Then there are the lowlifes who make welfare, foodstamps, HUD, etc, etc, etc and probably come out better than the police. And again they are the ones shooting at the cops and the firefighters in the first place.

Of course if they cut their vice cops and drug enforcement they probably could give a fat raise across the board but then there would be job cuts too.