Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 10-06-2010, 12:32 PM   #61
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
True. How about this, they pay a flat $75 if they want fire service and that way they can choose to be covered for a reasonable fee.......oh, wait.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:52 PM   #62
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adgx9wt63NY&ob=av3e

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #63
snobuny
Kneedragger

Moto: 01 kawa 600R, 03 636 track, yz250motard

First Tenn has no state income tax and property taxes are low, the state citizens choose this option in exchange for uncertain funding in other areas...i.e. fire services. Which is what leads to the pay for service concept. Again it is their choice!

Second you then have to "pay" for certain services that you low tax base does not cover, again it is your choice! If your choice is not to pay for the services you suffer the consiquences. Unfortunately this man learned the hard way. If you choose not to pay then you should at least make sure you are insured to cover the loss when the inevitable happens.

If you don't want to "pay" for services move somewhere where they will be provided.....my state charges approx 5% state income tax, 1% local income tax, property taxes are sky high, local millage on top of that and I still only have a volunteer fire department. But I do not have to pay a fire fee, yet.

If you want the service, then vote to pay higher taxes so the service is provided or pay your bills!

We are creating a country where no one is responsible for their own actions and everyone want something for nothing! Eventually someone has to pay for all these "services" that are provided. Nothing is a free ride! I must say I am sick of paying for the "free ride"

For example If the fire fighters provide him the service and another customer who payed for the service had a fire at the same time in a different area and they couldn't respond in time and that family who payed for the service lost their home how is that fair? Or is it fair that firemen may be job eliminated because the community will not committ to paying the fire fee, then they will not have anyone to respond? Is that fair.

I am not saying I don't feel bad for the guy and his pets...especially his pets because he was responsible for their deaths, they had no control over the situation, they are innocent.......he is not!

But if he sues and wins, no one and I repeat no one will pay the fee anymore and the fire department will fold! Then the service will not be available for anyone period!!! He will not learn to be responsible because of the "someone fixed it last time so someone will fix it next time mentality."

BUT if he is made to be responsible, and held accountable for his actions....he will never underinsure himself again, he will pay the appropriate fees and so will everyone in the area because they now know if you don't pay you won't get freebies!

As my daddy always said......its expensive to be stupid!
snobuny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:01 PM   #64
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by snobuny View Post
First Tenn has no state income tax and property taxes are low, the state citizens choose this option in exchange for uncertain funding in other areas...i.e. fire services. Which is what leads to the pay for service concept. Again it is their choice!

Second you then have to "pay" for certain services that you low tax base does not cover, again it is your choice! If your choice is not to pay for the services you suffer the consiquences. Unfortunately this man learned the hard way. If you choose not to pay then you should at least make sure you are insured to cover the loss when the inevitable happens.

If you don't want to "pay" for services move somewhere where they will be provided.....my state charges approx 5% state income tax, 1% local income tax, property taxes are sky high, local millage on top of that and I still only have a volunteer fire department. But I do not have to pay a fire fee, yet.

If you want the service, then vote to pay higher taxes so the service is provided or pay your bills!

We are creating a country where no one is responsible for their own actions and everyone want something for nothing! Eventually someone has to pay for all these "services" that are provided. Nothing is a free ride! I must say I am sick of paying for the "free ride"

For example If the fire fighters provide him the service and another customer who payed for the service had a fire at the same time in a different area and they couldn't respond in time and that family who payed for the service lost their home how is that fair? Or is it fair that firemen may be job eliminated because the community will not committ to paying the fire fee, then they will not have anyone to respond? Is that fair.

I am not saying I don't feel bad for the guy and his pets...especially his pets because he was responsible for their deaths, they had no control over the situation, they are innocent.......he is not!

But if he sues and wins, no one and I repeat no one will pay the fee anymore and the fire department will fold! Then the service will not be available for anyone period!!! He will not learn to be responsible because of the "someone fixed it last time so someone will fix it next time mentality."

BUT if he is made to be responsible, and held accountable for his actions....he will never underinsure himself again, he will pay the appropriate fees and so will everyone in the area because they now know if you don't pay you won't get freebies!

As my daddy always said......its expensive to be stupid!
If he sues and wins then I could easily see that fire department eliminating ANY AND ALL service beyond their borders, in order to mitigate against liability. I wonder how many people would lose their homes?

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:04 PM   #65
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

While it's true he should have paid, there's no denying that.

I think that if I were a firefighter I'd have a hard time coming out and just watching it burn....especially knowing that there were pets inside. But sounds like their hands were tied.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #66
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
If he sues and wins then I could easily see that fire department eliminating ANY AND ALL service beyond their borders, in order to mitigate against liability. I wonder how many people would lose their homes?
That is irrelevant because then the system will be "fair".
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #67
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Its definitely too bad there weren't any human children in the house, that would've really taught that cheap fucking prick a lesson!
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:19 AM   #68
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Its definitely too bad there weren't any human children in the house, that would've really taught that cheap fucking prick a lesson!
You can sensationalize it any way you please, but the bottom line remains the same...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:19 AM   #69
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
You can sensationalize it any way you please, but the bottom line remains the same...
Yes, the bottom line is that this cheap asshole totally deserved to hear his pets being burned alive. I bet he'll pay the fee next time won't he?!?!
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #70
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Yes, the bottom line is that this cheap asshole totally deserved to hear his pets being burned alive. I bet he'll pay the fee next time won't he?!?!
Exactly. Sorry, but you cannot give everyone a free ride... Pay after the fact? The world doesn't work that way... Sometimes you gotta put on your big boy pants and take responsibility for YOUR decisions.

This guy didn't think it was important enough to pay for the fire service, therefore he didn't get it. Oops, sorry, forgot? Doesn't matter, it was HIS responsibility to pay it. It was HIS fault his pets died. Blaming anyone else is ridiculous.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote