Default Jon Stewert on Ron Paul

http://vimeo.com/27757870
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:14 PM   #2
AquaPython
put it THIS way

i dont understand why left and right media (and in between) is shutting him down
Old 08-17-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
i dont understand why left and right media (and in between) is shutting him down
He doesn't play ball.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
It's shameful, and sad. It hurts the process.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:26 PM   #5
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
He doesn't play ball.
And, he's not *hot*

I mean, clearly you have to be attractive to make good decisions about how to run this country.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:27 PM   #6
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Here's how someone explained it to me:

I have many theories as to why they ignore him. Let me see if I can make this concise on my main reason for believing so... Government is not run by the politicians, it's run by special interests, corporations and lobbyists with loads of money. The people who contribute money to politicians for their campaigns to get them in office expect them to favor legislation that supports their interests. Now think of who some of these corporations are that have loads of money... Main stream media many of whom I would bet are players on wall street. They know that Ron Paul can not be bought or controlled and therefore they don't WANT him to win because they realize that he will only favor legislation that adheres to the constitution. They know that he will literally clean house, do away with subsidies, he wants to go back to the gold standard (which will mess with the stock market). Does that make sense Heather? Now that Stewart has outed the media, they are trying to at least mention him but all they keep saying is that he is unelectable, because they want the "sheeple" to believe that. They want people to vote against him even if they like him.
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 01:34 PM   #7
AquaPython
put it THIS way

lose lose situation... we need somebody to take this mother back down to it's foundations and rebuild it right, and for the people, not for the business, (like how it was intended, like how it was.) before we go the way of the Romans, et al.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:45 PM   #8
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
Here's how someone explained it to me:

I have many theories as to why they ignore him. Let me see if I can make this concise on my main reason for believing so... Government is not run by the politicians, it's run by special interests, corporations and lobbyists with loads of money. The people who contribute money to politicians for their campaigns to get them in office expect them to favor legislation that supports their interests. Now think of who some of these corporations are that have loads of money... Main stream media many of whom I would bet are players on wall street. They know that Ron Paul can not be bought or controlled and therefore they don't WANT him to win because they realize that he will only favor legislation that adheres to the constitution. They know that he will literally clean house, do away with subsidies, he wants to go back to the gold standard (which will mess with the stock market). Does that make sense Heather? Now that Stewart has outed the media, they are trying to at least mention him but all they keep saying is that he is unelectable, because they want the "sheeple" to believe that. They want people to vote against him even if they like him.
Pretty good summary.

Unfortunately, I believe that he IS unelectable.

Why? Because they say he is.
Old 08-17-2011, 01:49 PM   #9
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Pretty good summary.

Unfortunately, I believe that he IS unelectable.

Why? Because they say he is.
Possibly. But that won't stop me from writing him in...again in 2012.

A girl can hope, right?
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 02:04 PM   #10
dubbs
Multistrada

I think this is the last time he has to get elected, next term he will be 80 so everyone will think he's too old. It will be tough, but he did come in 2nd after Bachman bought 150% of her votes.. This time it seems a little different on how much more aware people are of how the mainstream media is doing this, plus we also have social media which makes up a shit load of ppl.. And besides the fact that he just makes the most sense out of any politician I've ever heard.

With his campaign contribution money he flies commercially and stays in super 8 motels. So when he complains about the molesting that goes on at airports, he's actually going through it, just a real guy that I feel would do so much for this country.. It's early yet, but I've got a good feeling about it for some reason.
Daily Driver - 2011 Toyota Prius - Black
Beater - 2005 Honda Civic Hybrid - Dust Colored
dubbs is offline   Reply With Quote