Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-20-2008, 07:33 PM   #91
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
How is your dog...or more accurately...how do you expect it to be at fetch?
I'm sorry. Well with his lazy genes (common to mastiffs) I don't expect him to be all that with fetch and retrieve. He already does a little bit of fetch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
x1000,000,000

Unless you've got serious yardage (as in acres) and a LOT of time to dedicate to them, Australian Cattle Dogs are a LOOOOOOOOOTTTTTT of work. Amazing dogs, and supremely intelligent, but not for the faint of heart.

"Brinks wanted him to share" is possibly one of the cutest pics I've ever seen!!
Yeah Dan has about 1 acre of fenced in property and they use up every inch of it. We also take them conoe'ing and boozer will swim 70% of the 2.5 mile way. Its like he has an endless tap of energy.

And personally I think the pic of riley laying next to him with her paw on his is so damn cute.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:47 PM   #92
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I went canoeing with my dog in June. The first day (we do all weekend w/ camping) we did about 5 miles. Manny swan atleast 3 of that...possibly 4 miles.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 09:03 PM   #93
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Well I'm not sure about the miles... I just know it took us like 4-5 hours...

Run Amsoil Product
Old 07-21-2008, 10:35 PM   #94
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Boozer looks like he could have a touch of blue healer in him...

We had a few different australian shepards back home at the farm.
All of them were self taught on both hearding cattle and playing fetch.
They would never back down from either one!

One dog (max) would even still grab the frisbee out of the air after losing the sight in one eye and hearing in one ear. Spectacular dog, best I ever owned.
IMO the only sight better than watching a good hunting dog work a field is watching a good cattle dog heard cattle without being fed commands constantly.

sorry for the jack... very cute pup Gas, love the baby blues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 07:55 AM   #95
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Its cool Cutty... the jack is good and on topic for this page. They are great dogs. They can even hold treats and toys on their head for mins and mins till their owner says "Get it" then they flop it up and catch it in air. Simply awesome dogs. I don't think Brinks will be that awesome for fetch or tricks which is fine. Not what we want him to be. We just want him to be a good, well mannered, defending dog.

Oh and nice sig quote Cutty!

Sunday evening we took Brinks out for his first walk. Just around the block (2 blocks as there and back). The first block as we walk away from the house I had to pretty much drag him. He was choking and such (no choke chain just a collar) and eventually puked a bit. Still no help. Puked again at the farthest from the house. Was getting worried he wasn't going to co-operate. Then after the 2nd puke he was good. It was like he got himself so nerved up that he gave himself an upset stomach. Then once he got rid of it, he started walking like a champ. He walked right between me and the wife and kept pace. Never tried to lead, had no pull on the leash and the leash was slacked between me and him. Perfect.

Monday evening, he started out a bit the same. But now he would walk fine, get distracted and want to stop either due to distraction or pure lazy. Just pulled him thru it. He made the 2 block lap and did ok. Never tried to lead which is good, cause he knows he's not the pack leader.

Walking is VERY important to a dog. When he walks next to you and not in front of you, he knows you are the leader. Further, the exercise and out of the house movement just has to be done to keep them "right". So just like everything else, we are getting a good headstart. Luckily, the weather has been garbage lately so I haven't miss much riding, but I can already tell the puppy is going to screw with it some.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 07-22-2008, 08:44 AM   #96
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
the Australian Cattle Dogs are INSANE good at fetch and retrieving. I'm talking the best I have ever saw. And their energy level is un-surpassed.
My best friend had an Australian Cattle Dog that just passed within the last year...great dog !! I've never seen a brown/tan/fawn/red one...or whatever color that one is.

He now has a Bull Mastiff named Ruger...a true gentle giant.

Your pup is cute/cool lookin' as can be.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 10:27 AM   #97
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Thanks z06!!

Finally got a break in the weather from rain, storms, or crazy heat. Opened the windows and doors. Brinks that it was pretty cool to have front door access. Got a pic of him sitting with Avril the cat.

And of coarse with Puppy Power its all play then crash

Then my parents stopped by with their Shitzu, Gizmo...

Gizmo wasn't quite sure what to think of Brinks. But Gizmo didn't act badly, and Brinks just wanted to play with, finally, a dog his size.

I thought this pic ended up cute... looks like Super Dog

Then the mother in law came over with Little Rico again... this time he wasn't bad. No grawling or barking this time when its not his territory.

But again, he didn't want to puppy play either... poor Brinks

So Brinks played with us and/or by himself with his new ball.

Trying to get the socialition down with the puppy. The funny part is even now at only 7 weeks old he out weights these dogs. If anything they need to make peace with him for what lies in his future size.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 07-24-2008, 02:19 PM   #98
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

What does he weigh at this point?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:30 AM   #99
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
What does he weigh at this point?
I don't know what he weights now. My bro came over after not seeing him and was talking about how much bigger he is... that he's stretched out and got taller.

Either his next vet visit will tell us or maybe I can get him on a shipping scale at home... ok... maybe if he's sleeping.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 07-26-2008, 08:38 AM   #100
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Since hes still small just weigh yourself and then weigh yourself a second time right after while holding him. Thatll give you a good quick idea as to what hes up to now.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote