Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 06-20-2010, 03:20 AM   #91
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
So: Internet - serious (9-5, Monday to Friday) business?

You were talking about immigrants who look different being treated worse than those who don't. It simply isn't the case.
My point is that attitudes are more fiery which historically has been the case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 03:23 AM   #92
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
OK, but you also asked about disgust for Irish/Italians causing changes in laws, quotas or immigration policy. My contention is those things don't appear to exist today, at least with respect to quotas and immigration policy. It invalidates much of the comparison with the Irish/Italian situation from the past.
you are reading to deep into it. I am stating that some groups are overstating historical discrimination.

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 06-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #93
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
you are reading to deep into it. I am stating that some groups are overstating historical discrimination.
I think Mexicans are overstating current discrimination.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 05:53 PM   #94
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I don't think it matters where illegal immigrants come from, what they look lie or why they hopped the border. The issue is simple:

The priviledges and benefits of living in this country are a finite resource that are only renewed by the contributions of those who participate in the system which provides those services. If we continue to allow large numbers of people to enjoy the benefits of our system without contributing anything back to replenish it then evetually there WON'T BE ENOUGH OF IT FOR EVERYONE. If we continue to allow illegals to enjoy government services at the current rate without doing anything about it we're going to run out of everything, and those of us who pay in won't have anything to show for it. I can keep repeating myself but it won't matter, nodoys getting the point.
Amorok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #95
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
My point is that attitudes are more fiery which historically has been the case
So the many recorded cases of "No Irish Need Apply", enough that a song was written about it at the time, doesn't show that there were fiery attitudes?

Methinks that someone is only considering the most current issues to be "serious."

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:57 PM   #96
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
So the many recorded cases of "No Irish Need Apply", enough that a song was written about it at the time, doesn't show that there were fiery attitudes?

Methinks that someone is only considering the most current issues to be "serious."
From what I have read, the attitudes towards the Irish were driven by specific religious groups and not wide spread. More sectarian in nature and not widespread. In other words the "signs" and trash talk were sourced from pockets of ethnic groups.

Like future black man digging up some Neo Nazi paraphernalia (Records and news clippings) from Wisconsin to support the claim that there was wide spread racism in the early 21st century.

Quote:
Old 06-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #97
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
I think Mexicans are overstating current discrimination.
I certainly don't see discrimination against Mexicans. What groups are claiming that Mexicans are being discriminated against?

Quote:
Old 06-20-2010, 10:59 PM   #98
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:

Papa...
Please indicate where the song and the sign in the picture are from.
United states
or Great Britain.

It would be rather silly to build this whole case about Irish discrimination when all your evidence is from the UK.

Quote:

Last edited by pauldun170; 06-20-2010 at 11:16 PM..
Old 06-20-2010, 11:20 PM   #99
pauldun170
Serious Business

Papa (not Goof2...that jackass is still stuck on the Mexican immigration topic)
I found this to be an interesting read
http://tigger.uic.edu/~rjensen/no-irish.htm

So far, searches for actual evidence of discrimination has turned up very little besides the same old anecdotes.

Quote:
Old 06-20-2010, 11:21 PM   #100
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
.....From what I gather, the main issue isn't immigration or their legal status.
Its Mexicans.

If every Mexican crossing the border did so legit and were completely legal, I have a feeling that instead of calling for better border controls folks would be calling for strict quotas on Mexican immigrants. I guess its some thing that happens when you mix Mexican culture with the culture of you southern states that creates a big bowl of turd.....
I don't think it's Mexicans per say moreso than the quantity of Mexicans. You may have Koreans, Salvadorians, Haitians etc, but they are not flooding in by the thousands every month.

However, even the child regardless of their race picks the white doll. I'm just sayin.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 06-20-2010 at 11:29 PM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote