Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-18-2010, 05:06 PM   #91
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Thank you for confirming what I already said

I said "Maybe that's not technically "mutiracial" but it's definitely "multicultural"

Culture is what's important, not race. Multiracial people don't impress me, multicultural people do.
Well la dee da!!!! So the fact that my mother was German and French and my Dad was Creole and Cajun impresses you? How about my command of 3 almost 4 languages? How many languages do you speak? How many different countries have you been to? How many years did you spend there, assuming that you ever been further than Tijuana? Whether you're mixed race or multi cultural is an accident of birth and shouldn't be of any importance either way.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #92
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
But they make for more profound differences in my mind. I don't give a shit what color he is, if a guy walks up toward me in an overly baggy hoody and pants below his butt crack I'm going to guard my wallet. If a guy walks up to me in a polo shirt and khakis I probably won't be so defensive. That I recognize the fact that the former is more likely to be a black guy probably makes me racist in the eyes of many.

Meh.
Cool so if a black guy is wearing a polo shirt and khakis, you will be off your guard, right?

ATTENTION my brothers, from now on all muggings and rapes will be performed wearing polo shirts and khakis. That is all...Yo nigga, I said khakis not chinos get it right motherfucker!
Old 01-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #93
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Never fails to crack me up.

If a black bunny and a white bunny have babies, no one calls them "mixed race" bunnies. Only stupid fucking humans do this shit. We are all humans, just different colors. Shove your differences in peoples faces long enough and people will be against you.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #94
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
Never fails to crack me up.

If a black bunny and a white bunny have babies, no one calls them "mixed race" bunnies. Only stupid fucking humans do this shit. We are all humans, just different colors. Shove your differences in peoples faces long enough and people will be against you.
Ah not true, if they are two different breeds of bunny then yes. Have you never heard of a black lab, chocolate lab, etc. Are you saying that all dogs are the same?
Old 01-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #95
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Whether you're mixed race or multi cultural is an accident of birth and shouldn't be of any importance either way.
Interesting, then why did you say this:

Quote:
I actually feel sorry for them and their monochrome ethnic backgrounds... Have you ever noticed that when someone asked you what your background is and you tell them. They come back with," I'm mixed too, part English and part Irish." Yo chief there's a difference between nationality, religion and race. Hahahaha!.
Why do you feel sorry for them?

Is there something about being multiracial that gives someone an ace card over someone who is simply multi-national, or even "monochrome" as you put it?

It's like you're saying that people like you who are mixed Black-White or some other racial combination have a leg up on everyone else. I call BS, because what really matters is whether you were exposed to different cultures & values........You could be mixed-race but born & raised in the middle of Nebraska without ever being exposed to any cultural diversity. It's all about the initiative that you take in life. Being mixed-race on the outside (skin-color) doesn't mean shit.

Now, you yourself sound like you have been exposed to a lot, gone to a lot of places and learned a lot, but that doesn't prove everyone who is mixed-race has a leg up on everyone else. That English-Irish monochrome guy you made fun of could have been exposed to more cultural diversity than you have.

Last edited by Homeslice; 01-18-2010 at 05:29 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #96
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Interesting, then why did you say this:

Why do you feel sorry for them?

Is there something about being multiracial that gives someone an ace card over someone who is simply multi-national, or even "monochrome" as you put it?

It's like you're saying that people like you who are mixed Black-White or some other racial combination have a leg up on everyone else. I call BS, because what really matters is whether you were exposed to different cultures & values........You could be mixed-race but born & raised in the middle of Nebraska without ever being exposed to any cultural diversity. It's all about the initiative that you take in life. Being mixed-race on the outside (skin-color) doesn't mean shit.
Did you happen to notice the "Hahahaha" behind that? Yeesh... I'm sure that you know much more about being muli racial and multi cultural than I do...
Old 01-18-2010, 05:30 PM   #97
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Quote:
Ah not true, if they are two different breeds of bunny then yes. Have you never heard of a black lab, chocolate lab, etc. Are you saying that all dogs are the same?
Yes, they are all the same. They are dogs. Rabbits are rabbits. Humans are humans.

Can all dogs breed with each other? Yes. Same with rabbits and people.

If two humans mate, they still have a human.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:37 PM   #98
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
Yes, they are all the same. They are dogs. Rabbits are rabbits. Humans are humans.

Can all dogs breed with each other? Yes. Same with rabbits and people.

If two humans mate, they still have a human.
Um yea, and you may be able to mate a chimpanzee to a gorilla but it's not going to be the same as either of the parents...

Dogs aren't dogs, they have various distinct physical traits that set them apart from each other. Just like different races. A little boy from Uganda isn't "exactly" the same as a little boy from Holland... Are boys and girls also exactly the same? Of course not.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #99
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Tig, I can't help ya anymore. Humans all share the same DNA.

Too bad you can't get past the color thing.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:20 PM   #100
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I definitely agree with this statement! I actually don't think that Tommy is actively racist but I think that he is becoming somewhat biased because of his work situation. Again, I support his right to dislike anyone that he chooses, for any reasons that he chooses. Seriously.
its more the stupidity or the sense of entitlement that gets me going. Working in that neighborhood has been rather interesting actualy, our population is primarily caribeans with some africans, mostly nigerians, african americans then latinos, middle easterners, followed by orthodx/hasidic jews, russians and soem asians. They all have their quirks or things to watch out for and need to be aware of some things, like if a russians in your ER and he even looks remotely sick, hes about to die of something terrible.

Most nights I work the fast track area which in some ways is tougher than the main ER because I need to sort through all the BS that doesnt need to be there to find the one or 2 people that are realy sick and are in need of more immediate care.

When you want ot curse me out because you had to wait 3 hrs for a complaint you had for 3 weeks yeah I may get a little cranky esp if I am doing 5 other things at that time. it can be just as bad in the burbs with all the soccer moms and their sense of entitlement as well. OS what I need to do i smore main Er shifts so we can take care of the realy sick people, plus thats more fun for me since its a challenge and makes me think more.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote