Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 03-03-2010, 03:06 PM   #91
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lon D View Post
You know what? Regardless of how bad I was in the past, it still had to be acknowledged that I at least posted a few motorcycle related posts now and again. It seems that some people here only post arguments on religion and politics...
Without a common love of two wheelers where would we be? When I used to race you saw everyone from green haired punks, pimple faced kids, grey headed white collar types, hard ass tattoo brothers, even bible thumping evangelists. We all put on our leathers, saddled up and went balls out for a chromed plastic trophy, but back in the pits we shared water, laughed, helped wrench on each others bikes, and never

Even thought about calling each other out on lifestyle or creedo...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:38 PM   #92
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Did you see my new dirt bike?

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthrea...t=13358&page=5

Perhaps you were talking about someone else.
Perhaps...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:42 PM   #93
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Without a common love of two wheelers where would we be? When I used to race you saw everyone from green haired punks, pimple faced kids, grey headed white collar types, hard ass tattoo brothers, even bible thumping evangelists. We all put on our leathers, saddled up and went balls out for a chromed plastic trophy, but back in the pits we shared water, laughed, helped wrench on each others bikes, and never

Yea well that was then and this is now, pops.... Don't get me wrong, I loved to argue on here as well, but I don't remember telling anyone that they were "morons" or "sheep" for believing what they did. I'd put up a ridiculously adamant defense for what I believed in though...
Old 03-03-2010, 04:23 PM   #94
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:

Agree 100%.
However, very few people on forums are ever face to face. Completely changes attitudes, IMO.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #95
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Truth man! Eye to eye makes a difference, tho it shouldnt really.

back on topic, Nissan announces truck and mini van recalls today. It is the new face of manufacturer accountability. Your simply not 'IN' unless you have an embarrassing piece of engineering to flaunt...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:01 PM   #96
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
back on topic, Nissan announces truck and mini van recalls today. It is the new face of manufacturer accountability. Your simply not 'IN' unless you have an embarrassing piece of engineering to flaunt...
There are recalls all the time. Mostly they fly under the radar since only those affected really care. Because the media lacks any real imagination and they smell blood in the water with Toyota's issues they are circling any similar story like sharks. In another 3 months they will realize recalls that don't result in fiery deaths make for boring stories and drop the issue.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:16 PM   #97
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Actually I'm glad they're covering Nissan and Ford. Maybe it will force the public to finally wake up and realize that recalls are an everyday thing, and that Toyota isn't special.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 07:09 PM   #98
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
There are recalls all the time. Mostly they fly under the radar since only those affected really care. Because the media lacks any real imagination and they smell blood in the water with Toyota's issues they are circling any similar story like sharks. In another 3 months they will realize recalls that don't result in fiery deaths make for boring stories and drop the issue.
Well hopefully BEFORE they totally destroy what little consumer confidence there is left...
Old 03-04-2010, 07:00 AM   #99
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Detroit has proven itself incapable of engineering a car with the steering feel and precision (not to mention the fantastic overall handling) of the original Mini. Maybe if they could they would have a car continually in production with virtually no changes for 40+ years.
You have little clue what you are talking about. My Malibu has 3times better steering feel then a Mini will ever have.

The reason electric P/S is used is for better fuel economy. And an upside as well is that you can control the steering assist in a non-linear fashion based upon vehicle speed and braking inputs. You simply cannot do that with conventional p/s.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM

Last edited by 101lifts2; 03-04-2010 at 07:11 AM..
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:05 AM   #100
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I like how GM's recall was conveniently announced right after the Chile earthquake, so that it gets buried in the headlines.
I can guarentee that GM did not "wait" for a disaster to put out a recall. This was in the works for years. Knowing how most car companies operate, they wait until the government gets involved and forces them to recall something or force a recall themselves if the cost to replace X number of units in the field later on will be too excessive.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote