Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-18-2010, 06:28 PM   #101
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
its more the stupidity or the sense of entitlement that gets me going. Working in that neighborhood has been rather interesting actualy, our population is primarily caribeans with some africans, mostly nigerians, african americans then latinos, middle easterners, followed by orthodx/hasidic jews, russians and soem asians. They all have their quirks or things to watch out for and need to be aware of some things, like if a russians in your ER and he even looks remotely sick, hes about to die of something terrible.

Most nights I work the fast track area which in some ways is tougher than the main ER because I need to sort through all the BS that doesnt need to be there to find the one or 2 people that are realy sick and are in need of more immediate care.

When you want ot curse me out because you had to wait 3 hrs for a complaint you had for 3 weeks yeah I may get a little cranky esp if I am doing 5 other things at that time. it can be just as bad in the burbs with all the soccer moms and their sense of entitlement as well. OS what I need to do i smore main Er shifts so we can take care of the really sick people, plus thats more fun for me since its a challenge and makes me think more.
I wonder if there is a ranking somewhere on how it is to deal with certain groups

I personally think soccer moms are worse than anything the ghetto has to offer.

I personally carry a can of 'OFF' just in case I'm cornered.
I've even sprayed my wife on occasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 06:40 PM   #102
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
I wonder if there is a ranking somewhere on how it is to deal with certain groups

I personally think soccer moms are worse than anything the ghetto has to offer.

I personally carry a can of 'OFF' just in case I'm cornered.
I've even sprayed my wife on occasion.
I have to concur with ya there, since we moved to seaford I see alot more of that esp with some of our neighbors. I think most are pissed becasue a long haired metal head moved in with a bunch of motorcycles. Good thing they didnt see me bring the snakes in.

Not sure you have to handle groups differently, medically you have to worry about certain predispositions. One example is anyone from bangladesh with chest pain is usualy having a heart attack, no matter how old they just have that bad DNA.

The biggest key with all the groups is just making sure you keep control of the room. Took my lumps in the past learning that, may piss off some people along that way but its a small price to pay because otherwise stuff like this happens.

http://dimewars.com/Video/Brooklyn-H...3-24c781419d68

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72lDS...eature=related

that was in a hospitsal down the road from us, if yo ucan try to keep things moving or even create the illusion of it will help calm things down but also show youre not going ot take anyones crap either.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:16 PM   #103
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Nigger. I said it. It was never a bad word. People just put slang to it.

Read up on it and learn something.

Love the dudes comments in the video. LOL
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:01 PM   #104
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Nigger. I said it. It was never a bad word. People just put slang to it.

Read up on it and learn something.

Love the dudes comments in the video. LOL
Look, I have to call BS and pull a "race card" of sorts. White people used the word nigger in a derogatory manner for centuries. You can't just wash that away by saying that it isn't so...

Now on the other hand, I agree with many others, blacks included, that believe that you can't hold on to the past forever. We as a people definitely need to get over it and move on with our lives.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:08 PM   #105
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Look, I have to call BS and pull a "race card" of sorts. White people used the word nigger in a derogatory manner for centuries. You can't just wash that away by saying that it isn't so...

Now on the other hand, I agree with many others, blacks included, that believe that you can't hold on to the past forever. We as a people definitely need to get over it and move on with our lives.

It did not start out in a derogatory manner. Just cause people say something for so long does not make it correct. Just like ya'll isn't a word but people use it everyday.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #106
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
It did not start out in a derogatory manner. Just cause people say something for so long does not make it correct. Just like ya'll isn't a word but people use it everyday.
Meanings for words are only "correct" because usage makes it so... Dog=a four legged animal because we have decided that it is what it means. There have been many words that have changed meaning over the history of language. Are you honestly saying that the current meaning/usage is invalid because you say so or because there was a previous meaning? Again, cunt, bitch, slut all had different and even innocuous meanings in the past. Usage has changed that.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:18 PM   #107
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

"You did that because I'm black!"

"No, I did it because you're a freakin' RETARD"

The race card drives me crazy.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:34 PM   #108
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Meanings for words are only "correct" because usage makes it so... Dog=a four legged animal because we have decided that it is what it means. There have been many words that have changed meaning over the history of language. Are you honestly saying that the current meaning/usage is invalid because you say so or because there was a previous meaning? Again, cunt, bitch, slut all had different and even innocuous meanings in the past. Usage has changed that.

Words do not change. Definitions are added. If you called your grand dad pappa and one day society decides to add another definition to pappa, with it now meaning pedophile, are you going to stop calling your grand dad pappa just cause a group of people think it needs to mean something else?
Old 01-18-2010, 08:40 PM   #109
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Words do not change. Definitions are added. If you called your grand dad pappa and one day society decides to add another definition to pappa, with it now meaning pedophile, are you going to stop calling your grand dad pappa just cause a group of people think it needs to mean something else?
A "group of people"? Go ahead and lie to me, tell me that when you hear the word nigger that you don't immediately think of a black person. If you were standing in a store and someone shouted, "Look out that nigger has a gun!!!" that you wouldn't look for a black guy. Sure, okay...

Denial...
Old 01-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #110
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Well of course I would cause nigger is from latin niger which means the color black. Just like Caucasian is to describe someone is white or light tone.