Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #121
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I didn't mean to imply that you called me un-American but you broke into the last micro-debate sparked by Marko's insistence that I am not patriotic because I don't support Buell/HD in AMA racing. Once again I understand that HD has improved since I last owned one (mid 70s to early 80s models) but in many ways things have stayed the same. That many people still buy them because they are "American", for an investment or to partake in a specific lifestyle and not because they have the best value/quality. I am certain that if I could get another '88 V-Max, it would surpass a brand new 2009 HD Sportster 1200 in every meaningful category.
probably beat the vrod too.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #122
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

I still think that as far as value goes, they are cheap to own.
Rsv1000R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:45 AM   #123
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I didn't mean to imply that you called me un-American but you broke into the last micro-debate sparked by Marko's insistence that I am not patriotic because I don't support Buell/HD in AMA racing. Once again I understand that HD has improved since I last owned one (mid 70s to early 80s models) but in many ways things have stayed the same. That many people still buy them because they are "American", for an investment or to partake in a specific lifestyle and not because they have the best value/quality. I am certain that if I could get another '88 V-Max, it would surpass a brand new 2009 HD Sportster 1200 in every meaningful category.
Just a question, you didn't buy into the motorcyclist lifestyle? You ride solely to feel the wind in your face? Because, if you didn't buy into a lifestyle, why are you on THE KING liter bike? Especially when you say you don't ride hard anymore..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #124
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

You guys are hilarious. Who fucking cares what I buy and who makes it. Not me. I bought the Buell because it's an awesome street bike...and is marketed as such. It's what I like. I dont give a fuck if you like or not and I dont care what the race results are for Buell or any other company.

I will certainly root for them, not because I ride one, but because of Erik Buell. He's a good guy, a Pennsylvanian too, and he's put in a ton of hard work and dedication to get where he is today. I can get behind a guy like him.

I didn't buy my bike soley because it's made in America, and I didn't buy anything else I own because it's made here or there.

Some of you fuckers, ass rapers like Tigger especially, will just beat up on Buell and talk shit on them for any reason. If they went out tomorrow and raced in WSBK and won there would be a barage of shit about them.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #125
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
You guys are hilarious. Who fucking cares what I buy and who makes it. Not me. I bought the Buell because it's an awesome street bike...and is marketed as such. It's what I like. I dont give a fuck if you like or not and I dont care what the race results are for Buell or any other company.

I will certainly root for them, not because I ride one, but because of Erik Buell. He's a good guy, a Pennsylvanian too, and he's put in a ton of hard work and dedication to get where he is today. I can get behind a guy like him.

I didn't buy my bike soley because it's made in America, and I didn't buy anything else I own because it's made here or there.

Some of you fuckers, ass rapers like Tigger especially, will just beat up on Buell and talk shit on them for any reason. If they went out tomorrow and raced in WSBK and won there would be a barage of shit about them.

"The only reason they won in WSBK is because they were running in ama. Let them build an I4 and compete and then I'll respect them.."

Sound like what you were imagining?

These very same people who talk shit about our bikes, couldn't ride them to 1/2 their potential to begin with. And thus, are guilty of what they accuse harley riders of. Buying an image. Because obviously if you're not riding the best and biggest bike to the limits that Rossi would, then you're a poser...
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:18 PM   #126
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:

I don't hate on Buell. I actually think they are a decent bike. I just don't like the idea of them getting a huge displacement advantage oin racing. Would I ride a Buell? Certainly. Would buy a Buell? Maybe. $ for $ Buell is probably one of the best bike manufaturer out there. Like I said I have nothing against Buell. It's DMG/AMA who I hate. But I still watch their races.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:20 PM   #127
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:

I bought the R1 because that's what I wanted and it is my money. The salesman that I bought it from was an American...so was the owner and so is the mechanic that works on it...well IF I ever need work on it...so far I don't.

I like Buell BUT yes I think it's BS that they are racing against 600's but hey maybe that's just me. I posted before that it mainly started when I attended a bikenight recently and some fvcktards riding Buells started running their mouth to a friend and to my wife that both ride R6's because Buell had won a dayum race. I quickly told them yep...they beat a fvckin 600...whoopdy fvckin' doooo !!!! I asked "wonder why they don't/can't do that to a liter bike" ?

IF Buell gets their chit together and starts competing in the superbike class and starts winning...more power to them...Ducati does it and I'm not here bashing them right ?

I'd rather Buell win than Ducati...yep it's American and so am I.

Oh yeah...I own a Vette...Jeep...and Dodge vehicle and also own an American built boat with a Chevy 350 block BUT when it comes to sportbikes...for my money...it's a Japanese inline 4...but again...maybe that's just me.

Erik Buell does seem like a decent guy...more power to him but for the Buell owners like I ran into at bikenight...stfu about your 1125 Buell beating a 600...step up and start beating liter bikes and you have some room to talk.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #128
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

What's so special about displacement? It seems that you're arguing that displacement is the be all of a bike, how about how much power it has vs how much it weighs?

That's all that matter to acceleration, hp and weight. Displacement is nowhere to be found in the equation of acceleration.

So if the buell had the same power to weight and beat a 600, well it did go faster, didn't it?

Last edited by Rsv1000R; 06-05-2009 at 01:11 PM..
Old 06-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #129
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsv1000R View Post
What's so special about displacement? It seems that you're arguing that displacement is the be all of a bike, how about how much power it has vs how much it weighs?

That's all that matter to acceleration, hp and weight. Displacement is nowhere to be found in the equation of acceleration.

So if the buell had the same power to weight and beat a 600, well it did go faster didn't?
There is no replacement for displacement. Have you ever heard that saying?
So you's be ok with someone running a 700lb 260Hp V6 in the same class? Those numbers are just doubling the current limits for a 600 cc bike.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:10 PM   #130
Rsv1000R
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
There is no replacement for displacement. Have you ever heard that saying?
Actually I think it's quite ironic you say that.

And yes, I had a 69 Dodge Coronet RT with a 440 6-pack with headers, electronic ignition, a big cam, 3.91 gears and 10.5" M&H StreetMasters DOT approved 'slicks'.

Quote:
So you's be ok with someone running a 700lb 260Hp V6 in the same class? Those numbers are just doubling the current limits for a 600 cc bike.
Yes