Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-25-2010, 02:40 PM   #131
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post

As long as you can stand looking in the mirror, I guess that's all that counts...

Oh, are we supposed to be ashamed of ourselves because you were too fucking cheap to pay your servers a decent wage?

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:41 PM   #132
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Lick my balls, when it's my wallet I'll decide what comes out of it. When you're paying, you can feel free to over tip for sub-standard service.

Did I mention tipping is not mandatory? You guys keep ignoring that.
Classy fella; for a minute I thought I was talking to a real person..

all of this...never mind...
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:47 PM   #133
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
Classy fella; for a minute I thought I was talking to a real person..

all of this...never mind...
Nothing left eh? Your, "I deserve it so fuck you" argument is no better than mine. The only difference is, you're actually making that argument. I've never once said I don't tip. You probably won't catch the sentence before this one this time either.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:47 PM   #134
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
I don't care who's fault it is. He could have been raped and in a car accident, that is HIS problem. Not mine. If he cannot get that pizza here quickly, then he did nothing to deserve a tip.

You really sound like somebody who's never worked a hard job in his life, and think that because serving is frustrating it's up there with jobs that require real physical effort and danger. It's not, you take an order, deliver it to the kitchen then when it's cooked carry it back. During that time, you might come by and check on my drink. If that's hard, then can you imagine what kind of tip somebody who breaks a sweat should get?
Again, spoken like someone who's never worked at a nice restaurant at a busy period. You don't think any of those people don't sweat? Yeah right.

And yeah, your job could be hard and dangerous (whoopdie-do, that's your choice), but do you have to always maintain control of your attitude at the same time? Do you have to play politics with both the guests and fellow employees? Do you have to multi-task, not just "work hard" on one thing at a time? Do you have to think on your feet to respond to what the guests asks? Do you have to have the type of personality that enables waiters to get big tips?

I never said being a waiter is brain surgery, but it isn't McDonald's either.

Give it up dude, this part of your argument isn't working.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:49 PM   #135
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Again, spoken like someone who's never worked at a nice restaurant at a busy period. You don't think any of those people don't sweat? Yeah right.

And yeah, your job could be hard and dangerous (whoopdie-do, that's your choice), but do you have to always maintain control of your attitude at the same time? Do you have to play politics with both the guests and fellow employees? Do you have to multi-task, not just "work hard" on one thing at a time? Do you have to think on your feet to respond to what the guests asks? Do you have to have the type of personality that enables waiters to get big tips?

I never said being a waiter is brain surgery, but it isn't McDonald's either.

Give it up dude, this part of your argument isn't working.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:49 PM   #136
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Oh, are we supposed to be ashamed of ourselves because you were too fucking cheap to pay your servers a decent wage?
OK, let's say he gave everyone the same wage, like $20/hr. Where is the incentive for them to give top-notch service anymore?
Old 02-25-2010, 02:50 PM   #137
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
OK, let's say he gave them $20/hr. Where is the incentive for them to give top-notch service anymore?
Being fired from a 20/hr job sounds like good incentive to me.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:53 PM   #138
Apoc

Homeslice, gtfo, im not going to pretend to agree that servers have it hard. They take orders and serve fucking food. They run around in a clean environment, most times, fucking up even the simplest of tasks.

Dont ever put 'hard work' and 'serving food' in the same sentence and expect the general public to take you serious. Like Tmall said, you probably never had a hard job in your life, so its easy for you to pretend theres something special about it..

Come up here. We'll get you a chainsaw, and throw you in the woods cutting pulp for 7$ a chord for a jobber in the sweltering heat of summer. Then do two things. 1. Tell me whats harder. 2. Go ask your boss for a tip..

Old 02-25-2010, 02:55 PM   #139
Apoc

Quote:
Ya, sounds like motivation to me.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:56 PM   #140
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Really. So, you're the owner there, how are you gonna tell if a waiter gives top-notch service to a table, rather than just OK service? You're busy with your own shit, you're not hovering behind the back of each of your waiters watching everything they do.