Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 12-14-2010, 11:07 AM   #151
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
We have family friends who owns 3 Jeeps. 2 four door Wrangler Unlimited Xs, and one Grand Cherokee SRT8. The Grand Cherokee is like an aerodynamic god compared to the Wranglers. And it rides hella better. Me and a buddy drove one of the Wranglers from the guys Florida house back to Ohio. Those things are so flighty on the highway. Is almost scary.
Yea my Liberty is actually pretty decent on the highway. My older Cherokee wasn't bad either. I've never driven a Wrangler so I can't speak for that. The Grand Cherokee is definitely more aerodynamic.

Ther SRT8 is badazz BUT I'd probably take the Trailblazer SS over it because for one...you can put a trailer hitch on the SS but with the center exit exhaust on the SRT I don't see how you could haul anything....except azz.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:22 PM   #152
quackPOT
Grand Master Fu

Moto: Ducati Multistrada GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
Poor thing.

How do you like the Gen II compared to I? I got mine in 04 and now have 140K on it. We've done nothing but maintenance on it up until this last weekend. The water pump's got a leak, so we have to replace that. I love that stupid thing, but we need to upgrade. I prefer the look of the old one to the new, but at the price I'd consider getting a new one.
I like the Gen II in that is feels more like a real car and less like a pizza box. Don't get me wrong the original xB is a great little car. The Gen II is all the nice things (except fuel economy) the original was, but faster, and it has a little more space inside. I'm glad I made the upgrade.
quackPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:20 PM   #153
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Yea my Liberty is actually pretty decent on the highway. My older Cherokee wasn't bad either. I've never driven a Wrangler so I can't speak for that. The Grand Cherokee is definitely more aerodynamic.

Ther SRT8 is badazz BUT I'd probably take the Trailblazer SS over it because for one...you can put a trailer hitch on the SS but with the center exit exhaust on the SRT I don't see how you could haul anything....except azz.
Because that's all you should be hauling when you buy something like that. the thing is loaded. Almost more so than the 300c SRT8 that he owned.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #154
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:

The $850 reciever hitch kit that Jeep offers for it relocates the exhaust to side exit, and gives you a 5,000 lb tow rating.

And yes, I did actually install one for a guy. Had to get his jet ski's to the lake somehow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:26 PM   #155
t-homo
WSB Champion

Damn, you guys are lucky. Lake of the Ozarks you have to have a 30 foot boat just to survive. I've seen a few of those catamarans blazing through the main channel with a probably 150 foot rooster tail behind em.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:40 AM   #156
CasterTroy

Seeing the talk about the hitch kit for the SR8 made me remember this comment by Randy

Quote:
the Liberty I bought has a 5,000 lb. towing capacity
Then remember a liberty incident a few months ago.

When I went to FL to pick up the GSXR I rode down with a buddy of mine. He was driving and we were just rollin down 95 when we started to pass a Liberty pulling a pop-up camper. It was a pretty BIG pop-up for one that collapsed. I thought to myself it's the biggest one I'd seen. My next thought was "man that Liberty is squatted down pretty low, I wonder what kinda tow rating those things have"?

About that time, we're RIGHT next to this setup going about 80 when, AS I'M LOOKING AT the rear end of this liberty squatted, the back two bolts securing the Class III hitch snap from the frame of this Liberty and the whole tow bar setup hinges down to the ground in a blaze of glory and sparks

Jason looks over and pegs the throttle to get outta there and I look back to see the guy safely pull it off the road with the pop-up following it with it's tongue planted on the ground.

Weirdest thing I'd ever witnessed THAT close.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #157
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Seeing the talk about the hitch kit for the SR8 made me remember this comment by Randy

Then remember a liberty incident a few months ago.

When I went to FL to pick up the GSXR I rode down with a buddy of mine. He was driving and we were just rollin down 95 when we started to pass a Liberty pulling a pop-up camper. It was a pretty BIG pop-up for one that collapsed. I thought to myself it's the biggest one I'd seen. My next thought was "man that Liberty is squatted down pretty low, I wonder what kinda tow rating those things have"?

About that time, we're RIGHT next to this setup going about 80 when, AS I'M LOOKING AT the rear end of this liberty squatted, the back two bolts securing the Class III hitch snap from the frame of this Liberty and the whole tow bar setup hinges down to the ground in a blaze of glory and sparks

Jason looks over and pegs the throttle to get outta there and I look back to see the guy safely pull it off the road with the pop-up following it with it's tongue planted on the ground.

Weirdest thing I'd ever witnessed THAT close.
Wow that had to be a trip to see and even more of a trip for the owner of that rig !! I know some of the Liberty's are rated at 3500 and some at 5000. I would never plan on pushing the limit on any vehicle to be honest. I wonder if it was installed on the vehicle from the factory or some DIY yo yo just bought one...grabbed his drill and didn't really install it properly ?

Mine is rated for 5,000 but of course that is MAX. I almost never pull a trailer except maybe an enclosed trailer now and then with our two bikes which isn't that much. I don't haul my boat around BUT if I wanted to 'every now and then for a short distance' I'm pretty sure I could without too much concern. I would not have bought a Liberty if I had plans to haul it very often or very far though. Since it has the tow package it also has a higher capacity cooling system...power steering cooler...and a anti trailer sway feature and a 'tow mode' setting for the transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-homo View Post
Damn, you guys are lucky. Lake of the Ozarks you have to have a 30 foot boat just to survive. I've seen a few of those catamarans blazing through the main channel with a probably 150 foot rooster tail behind em.
We have some friends that live in Columbus, Mo. that have a cabin on Lake of the Ozarks that have invited us out so we hope to make it this coming season...heard some good stuff about that place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
The $850 reciever hitch kit that Jeep offers for it relocates the exhaust to side exit, and gives you a 5,000 lb tow rating.

And yes, I did actually install one for a guy. Had to get his jet ski's to the lake somehow!
Good to know...I wasn't aware of this. Now I wouldn't immediately run for the SS when comparing them. I like the ability to tow a motorcycle trailer if I choose too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Because that's all you should be hauling when you buy something like that. the thing is loaded. Almost more so than the 300c SRT8 that he owned.
Well most of the time anyways...see above...I want the option to tow a motorcycle trailer.

Yea I've driven the 300 SRT8 as well as several other SRT's including the Viper at a driving school...fun stuff !!!
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #158
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Is that PSIA or PSIG boost?
For BOOST on my model the Tech2 shows PSIa. The gauge, PSIg. I reported gauge psi about 20psi. It use to do 23 or so. I need to have the dealer check the waste gate...

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:39 PM   #159
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
For BOOST on my model the Tech2 shows PSIa. The gauge, PSIg. I reported gauge psi about 20psi. It use to do 23 or so. I need to have the dealer check the waste gate...
welcome to owning a turbo...

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #160
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Yeah that is sad, especially when you know you can't replace it with the same thing.

I love my HHRSS. But I'm worried how the 290hp/390tq is going to be in the snow.
have u dynoed it yet?

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote