Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-22-2009, 04:55 PM   #161
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amblyopic View Post
14? well I guess I shouldn't of made the "Kiddo" remark.

You have any other way to contact the owner? Anyone else to speak to? I can't see why you'd *have* to go through that manager.....

That's one of the things I"m thinking w/ your situation, w/ teh severance and the word to come bak in 90 days.... I dunno, try to get in touch w/ the owner... But still, 3 mo is a long time to wait.

Good luck w/ that test though!
He's still my Young Padawan. Mini-Me will be 16 this summer.

I can call her direct line but if she's not in, it'll just rollover to the manager. I think I may have owner's hubby's cell phone number somewhere...... I can prolly get someone from work to get me their home phone...I was supposed to have had it anyway for emergencies...hmmm....

I'm not waiting the 90 days and I'm really hesitant about going back to a place where I'd be afraid any day I could get fired or laid off due to office politics. I need a job where I'd feel fairly comfortable working and not having a constant fear of losing my job...again.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:09 PM   #162
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
No job for you too? Good luck to you too!

I'm going into week 2 of no job. Call me optimistic, but I hope I find something this week....two if I have to!
Friday 13 was my last day there. got a couple leads on jobs, one with a lot less responsibility and only $0.50 less than what I was making and a state job. then some manufacturing jobs...

I haven't been approved for unemployment yet. should find out soon.
zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:09 PM   #163
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Well you got boned (and unforunatley not in a good way, such a shame!).

I'm not sure i'd want to go back anyways, not with that bitch at the helm in the mgmt position. You could always do what we mentioned before, get a meeting w/ the owner, go in, show off that flashy new resume of yours and say "yeah, and I can't work for that raving bitch" (okay maybe not quite that language). Maybe an alternative can be worked out.

And no, no one could blame you, I wouldn't (and honestly couldn't) wait 90 days to go back.
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 05:17 PM   #164
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
Friday 13 was my last day there. got a couple leads on jobs, one with a lot less responsibility and only $0.50 less than what I was making and a state job. then some manufacturing jobs...

I haven't been approved for unemployment yet. should find out soon.
I got fired on Friday 13th too. Sounds like you're about in the same place as far as looking for jobs as I am...except I haven't filed for unemployment since I haven't seen my slip yet....

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-22-2009, 05:19 PM   #165
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Well you got boned (and unforunatley not in a good way, such a shame!).

I'm not sure i'd want to go back anyways, not with that bitch at the helm in the mgmt position. You could always do what we mentioned before, get a meeting w/ the owner, go in, show off that flashy new resume of yours and say "yeah, and I can't work for that raving bitch" (okay maybe not quite that language). Maybe an alternative can be worked out.

And no, no one could blame you, I wouldn't (and honestly couldn't) wait 90 days to go back.

I'm actually thinking about doing just that if I can meet up with her. I'd be passive aggressive with it though. Show her the resume and ask her if I left anything out.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-22-2009, 05:28 PM   #166
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Quote:
I'm actually thinking about doing just that if I can meet up with her. I'd be passive aggressive with it though. Show her the resume and ask her if I left anything out.
ooohhhh nice! Gah you women are always like that (passive aggressive) sneaky sneaky I tell ya.

I don't think it would be improper to call the owner @ home to schedule an appointment for the following day or two, since you "couldn't get ahold of her at the office." Might be an idea.
Old 02-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #167
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
ooohhhh nice! Gah you women are always like that (passive aggressive) sneaky sneaky I tell ya.

I don't think it would be improper to call the owner @ home to schedule an appointment for the following day or two, since you "couldn't get ahold of her at the office." Might be an idea.
Eh, I'm usually more forward than that. I have a tendency of doing or saying things THEN thinking about it later. Oops.

I'm in my thirties and in the past year or so I've started learning to pick and choose my words and battles with more care.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #168
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Quote:
Eh, I'm usually more forward than that. I have a tendency of doing or saying things THEN thinking about it later. Oops.

I'm in my thirties and in the past year or so I've started learning to pick and choose my words and battles with more care.
Smart girl.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #169
zed
yellow don't corner well

Quote:
I got fired on Friday 13th too. Sounds like you're about in the same place as far as looking for jobs as I am...except I haven't filed for unemployment since I haven't seen my slip yet....
I've never gotten a slip so don't know what you are talking about. they had a piece of paper for me to sign saying that I had been explained why I was fired. it didn't say why I was, just that it had been explained to me.

there is only a 1 week waiting period here and it starts when you file not (like MO) when you were let go.

I've sent out several resume's and gone and filled out 1 app. for a state job doing floors in a mental hospital. much less responsibility than the job I just left and damn near the same money.

funny how most jobs listed don't want you to come see them in person unless they call you. they want you to send them a resume and that's it. no physical address in the add for you to even go pester them for a job.

I have found some listings for up to $18/hr though in manufacturing which is more than I was making.
Old 02-22-2009, 07:43 PM   #170
zed
yellow don't corner well

Quote:

I'm the same way but I'm in my 40's and don't have it under control. actually that was what broke the camels back for me. who would have known that not getting along with one person enough that you didn't want to share a room with him on the company sponsored roadtrip would end up in getting fired.