Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 03-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #11
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

I got a base Scorpio. Tip and shock sensored. The alarm is good but the remotes are crap, get a spare first thing and perhaps a spare battery...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 09:44 AM   #12
Rider
Moto GP Star

You got your bike insured right? Fuck it, if the bike gets stolen, it gets stolen.
You're detectable is going to cost you the same or less than the alarm. Forget about lo jack. Somebody steals my bike, I don't want that fucker back. No telling what damage was done to it that can't be seen with the eye. I'll take my chances and lock the shit up in a garage at night and not ever leave it parked in place that it can't be monitored. Just use your head. I've NEVER had any of my cars or bikes stolen, much less broken into or vandalized. I left my key in my bike while it was in my garage. I leave my keys in my car all the time. If you are that concerned about your shit being fucked with maybe you should reconsider where you leave your stuff. I'm nearly twice your age T-Rock and I have yet to be a victim.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:28 AM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
You got your bike insured right? Fuck it, if the bike gets stolen, it gets stolen.
You're detectable is going to cost you the same or less than the alarm. Forget about lo jack. Somebody steals my bike, I don't want that fucker back. No telling what damage was done to it that can't be seen with the eye. I'll take my chances and lock the shit up in a garage at night and not ever leave it parked in place that it can't be monitored. Just use your head. I've NEVER had any of my cars or bikes stolen, much less broken into or vandalized. I left my key in my bike while it was in my garage. I leave my keys in my car all the time. If you are that concerned about your shit being fucked with maybe you should reconsider where you leave your stuff. I'm nearly twice your age T-Rock and I have yet to be a victim.
He's got a point there Bro. On the other hand,I don't know where you live so maybe you have some reason to fear. I know four guys here that have had their bikes stolen out of their apt parking lots. Not everyone lives in the suburbs or even has a garage,Ed. I have a cable lock attached to a pole,Zoombak and an alarm but I live in a "shady" area without a garage. Again if a $150 alarm will make you sleep better at night,then why not?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:36 AM   #14
t-homo
WSB Champion

I live right by campus, so its not really a bad part of town. I will park it at my friends house in his garage, but I'm sure I will keep it in my apartment parking lot occasionally. I also only have liability. Three years of full coverage would pay for my bike again, and I don't have that kind of money. Hopefully I have nothing to worry about, but just in case.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:43 AM   #15
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
I live right by campus, so its not really a bad part of town. I will park it at my friends house in his garage, but I'm sure I will keep it in my apartment parking lot occasionally. I also only have liability. Three years of full coverage would pay for my bike again, and I don't have that kind of money. Hopefully I have nothing to worry about, but just in case.

Oh yea you're fucking 19! Jesus Ed,they probably want 2k+ a year to insure this kid on a R1! Yeah,go get you an alarm buddy. Like I said,I will probably deter the small time thieves anyway. BTW some insurance companies will allow you to have liability and comprehensive without getting collision,depending on the state. If you haven't checked into that already...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #16
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Oh yea you're fucking 19! Jesus Ed,they probably want 2k+ a year to insure this kid on a R1! Yeah,go get you an alarm buddy. Like I said,I will probably deter the small time thieves anyway. BTW some insurance companies will allow you to have liability and comprehensive without getting collision,depending on the state. If you haven't checked into that already...
Yeah I guess I didnt look at it as to what full coverage would cost on an R1 for a 19yo. You could buy 10 alarms and still save money. LOL
Old 03-06-2009, 10:51 AM   #17
t-homo
WSB Champion

I'll look at it. In my hometown of 11K people, only 3 places would insure me at all. Asking between 1200 and 1500 a year for full coverage. Finally found 600 a year for liability. One lady wouldn't tell me how expensive it was because she felt bad, lol. I'll look into the comprehensive thing. Might be a good deal to check out.
Old 03-06-2009, 10:57 AM   #18
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I'll look at it. In my hometown of 11K people, only 3 places would insure me at all. Asking between 1200 and 1500 a year for full coverage. Finally found 600 a year for liability. One lady wouldn't tell me how expensive it was because she felt bad, lol. I'll look into the comprehensive thing. Might be a good deal to check out.
You'll get the shaft for sure. Not to rub it in but I was only paying less than $500 a year for full coverage on a brand new bike with $500 collision and $250 comprehensive detectables.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #19
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
You'll get the shaft for sure. Not to rub it in but I was only paying less than $500 a year for full coverage on a brand new bike with $500 collision and $250 comprehensive detectables.
I can't wait until I am old enough to get that kind of insurance. Hey, do you want to just put my bike in your name? haha.
Old 03-06-2009, 11:19 AM   #20
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I can't wait until I am old enough to get that kind of insurance. Hey, do you want to just put my bike in your name? haha.
Save your money, get liability only, a scorpio alarm and a semi auto of your choice.