Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 12-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #11
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Yep, Tiggers a helmet whore and a shop-a-holic. You should see the nice "Jordan Suzuki" Purse he got to go with his bike for when he goes shopping.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:00 PM   #12
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Ok NOW you're getting picky! Um I guess they are kinda soft,but a rear will last me about 4000 miles and I change earlier than most. I am the resident shop-a-holic on this forum,shit I have two sets of tires sitting in my apt right now! If you give me an idea of what type of tire you want,I'm sure that I can help you!
I've ridden on Road Attacks and Maxxis M6029 Supermax and like both. I had the Conti-Forces that I didn't care for but got out 8000 out of (the ex got about 7000 out of the Road Attacks) and I'm on about 4000 on my Maxxis and they still have plenty of life. I'm not an aggressive rider, I don't think.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:07 PM   #13
Cass
Cassolicious!

Moto: SV

I have bought from http://www.swmototires.com/ and Cycle Gear (CG purchase was with the tire road hazard warranty thingie because I am good at finding sharp objects in roadways). I typically yank the wheels and take them to CG for mount/balance.

I have heard 2nd had that http://www.motoxoutlet.com/ isn't a bad place, but have no direct experience.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:11 PM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I've ridden on Road Attacks and Maxxis M6029 Supermax and like both. I had the Conti-Forces that I didn't care for but got out 8000 out of (the ex got about 7000 out of the Road Attacks) and I'm on about 4000 on my Maxxis and they still have plenty of life. I'm not an aggressive rider, I don't think.

Ok,you don't know me but you can trust me on this...if you liked the Continentals/Maxxis tires,you are going to cream your panties if you try the Pirellis. I've tried several brands of tires and I always seem to come back to Pirelli. They make great tires,period. The Contis retail for about $200 a set,the Pirelli REAR retails for $200 by itself. I've heard good things about Continental but the accolades are usually followed by the words..."for the price". But if you are stuck on the Maxxis or Conti tires,I'll search for you and let you know!

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 12-03-2008 at 10:14 PM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:35 PM   #15
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Ok,you don't know me but you can trust me on this...if you liked the Continentals/Maxxis tires,you are going to cream your panties if you try the Pirellis. I've tried several brands of tires and I always seem to come back to Pirelli. They make great tires,period. The Contis retail for about $200 a set,the Pirelli REAR retails for $200 by itself. I've heard good things about Continental but the accolades are usually followed by the words..."for the price". But if you are stuck on the Maxxis or Conti tires,I'll search for you and let you know!
I'm not really stuck on them, but I do like them. A friend suggested the Pilot Roads as he really likes them on his SV and we have a similar riding style.

I like a tire that will last a while because I have to make my money count, ya know? I'm in the position where I can get an extra set for later.

Ummm...also if anyone knows where there's good deals on chain and sprockets for my bike (NO ALUMINUM!!!), I'd appreciate that info too as I'll stock up on that too.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:38 PM   #16
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I'm not really stuck on them, but I do like them. A friend suggested the Pilot Roads as he really likes them on his SV and we have a similar riding style.

I like a tire that will last a while because I have to make my money count, ya know? I'm in the position where I can get an extra set for later.

Ummm...also if anyone knows where there's good deals on chain and sprockets for my bike (NO ALUMINUM!!!), I'd appreciate that info too as I'll stock up on that too.
If youre considering the pilot roads, also check out the road 2s. Same long lasting middle with the grip on the outside of the pilot power. Derby cycles has them for about as cheap as I could find, they may have the roads cheap too.

http://www.derbycycles.com/cgi-bin/e...chelin&count=1
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:42 AM   #17
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Rogue, what size tires you need. I have some pilot power takeoffs that are in realy good shape. I have another set on my futura and have over 5k miles on them and theyre holding up fine.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:03 AM   #18
Lucky3623
Official Thread Killer

Store here bout 45 minutes north of me that sells all their tires under cost, and only charges $10 to mount to a rim. I got my last rear Dunlop Qualifier for a shade over $100.
Lucky3623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:36 AM   #19
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

www.sportbiketrackgear.com has great prices on Michelin. I've also ordered from www.compacc.com

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:45 PM   #20
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

[QUOTE=Lola;116298]I have bought from http://www.swmototires.com/ and Cycle Gear (CG purchase was with the tire road hazard warranty thingie because I am good at finding sharp objects in roadways). I typically yank the wheels and take them to CG for mount/balance.

QUOTE]

i've bought from swmoto before also, good deal and free shipping if you buy 2 tires

my boss where i work orders them there all the time for customers

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote