Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Cage Hell

Old 11-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #11
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Really? I think the Bugger is uglier than shit. I see what they were going for; the nods to classic Bugs in the lines...but the overall look is just butt fugly, IMHO.
I think it's kinda cool lookin... Still has a bit of a cartoony, concept car look, but I would think they'd tone it down for production.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I think they mistook utilitarian for ugly. The VW Thing is utilitarian, not ugly. The Gremlin however, now that's ugly.
Agreed. On both counts.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:26 PM   #12
sherri_chickie
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: Gs500F

I like my little Jeep Compass.. I am slightly insulted..lol but then again some of those cars weren't that bad.. Some on the other hand were horrid..
sherri_chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:31 PM   #13
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Wrong on the ...

Lamborghini LM002
Plymouth Prowler
Cadillac Escalade
BMW 7 Series
Ferrari Enzo
Hummer H2
DeLorean DMC-12

I detailed one of the cars on the list (well more then one but this one you don't see everyday), I had to buff it for a car show.

Bricklin SV1

This is pictures of the one I did.

James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7674.JPG (57.2 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 7670.JPG (71.6 KB, 63 views)
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #14
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Eh.....you detailed it nice, but it still has awkward lines. Consider the strange way the driver's windowsill slopes upwards, preventing someone from resting their elbow on it. The skinny twigs for exhaust tips. The tiny, useless rear quarter window. The rear bumper with all the character of a railroad tie. And wow, the FRONT bumper is even worse.....It looks like a tongue coming out of an insect. IMO the only semi-cool thing about it are the pop-up lights and the fake vents.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:09 PM   #15
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Eh.....you detailed it nice, but it still has awkward lines. Consider the strange way the driver's windowsill slopes upwards, preventing someone from resting their elbow on it. The skinny twigs for exhaust tips. The tiny, useless rear quarter window. The rear bumper with all the character of a railroad tie. And wow, the FRONT bumper is even worse.....It looks like a tongue coming out of an insect. IMO the only semi-cool thing about it are the pop-up lights and the fake vents.
I didn't say it looked good. I just said I buffed one. From a distance I don't think they are ugly but they are not great looking. And from what I remember from driving it, it wouldn't matter if the windowsill slopes upwards because it is too high anyway. I could be wrong but I think it was high. And a lot of new cars have sills that are to high to use as a arm rest. But thats why they add arm rest on the doors.

I like the doors. And I like the fact that I had a chance to detail a car that isn't that common. But looking at that one close up and looking at the one the owner of the building owned, they didn't hold up well. Or the are just bad examples of the car.

It was still nice to add to the list of cars that I've done.

James
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Old 11-12-2009, 08:10 PM   #16
Flexin
AMA Supersport

And I'm not sure but I think the exhaust tips were added on by the owner. I don't think they are too small, just stick out to far.

James
Old 11-13-2009, 12:52 AM   #17
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

how could they not love the brat? wtf mate?
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:13 AM   #18
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

I know that they are considered by many Ugly but I loved the Gremlin and the Pacer. There was a Gremlin with a 390 in it just down the road from me as a kid I loved it! The Pacer what can I say guilty Pleasure.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:44 AM   #19
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
I know that they are considered by many Ugly but I loved the Gremlin and the Pacer. There was a Gremlin with a 390 in it just down the road from me as a kid I loved it! The Pacer what can I say guilty Pleasure.
Gemlin, Yes. Pacer, no.
Brickin, Yes. DeLorean, no.

Sierra Cosworth=drool
Old 11-13-2009, 11:30 AM   #20
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

So just because you can stick a big motor in a Gremlin, it's a good-looking car?

Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote