Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 11-23-2009, 10:28 AM   #11
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I had two mandatory PE classes to get a fucking engineering degree.

Take the class fatties and shut up.

(This reminds me mmmmmm young tight british ass moving nicely underneath those shorty short walking shorts. God that girl was hot)

Any of you are required to take PE courses at college, TAKE WALKING. Yeah, it may sound stupid and girly (it is), but all kinds of hottie girls take that class and you can just walk behind them all and watch their little tight butts move around the track. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #12
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
The mandate, which took effect for freshmen entering in fall 2006, requires students to get tested for their body mass index, a measure of weight to height.
Pretty much sums it up for me...they knew the requirements when they enrolled.

That's like when I joined the Marines...wonder how it would have gone over if I thought one of my requirements wasn't fair and they should not make me do it.

I don't agree with just going by BMI either and when I first read this I was in agreement that it is BS to require these students to do this BUT that was based on me thinking that the school had changed the requirements recently and were not requirements when these students enrolled...not the case.

They knew all along...too bad so sad...get to sweatin'.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #13
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Awesome. Now if we could only get similar requirements and training in public schools as well.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #14
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I had two mandatory PE classes to get a fucking engineering degree.
Same here

I took raquetball at a black college and fooking DOMINATED
Old 11-23-2009, 10:57 AM   #15
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Awesome. Now if we could only get similar requirements and training in public schools as well.
It's definitely needed.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #16
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
No shit, PE not required? WTF? No wonder we have so many fatties.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:06 AM   #17
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
This is not a requirement for everyone. That I would have no problem with...same as history/english/science requirements.

This is a requirement only for those with a certain BMI. Using BMI to measure obesity is questionable at best.
I agree that BMI alone is dumb. But, a private college can pretty much do whatever they want. Just like modelling agencies won't accept someone if they're ugly.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:20 AM   #18
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I don't agree with just going by BMI either and when I first read this I was in agreement that it is BS to require these students to do this BUT that was based on me thinking that the school had changed the requirements recently and were not requirements when these students enrolled...not the case.
Okay, this I understand. While I don't necessarily agree with the class, if you knew it when you signed up then just do it and shut up. But the class in and of itself is a joke.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:48 PM   #19
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

School should be used as a preparation for basic-advanced life skills, things you do or might have to do everyday as an adult. Manage your finances, monitor your credit, change a flat tire, run from point a to point b, solve a mathematically based problem, apply histories lessons to your own life and society as well and so on and so forth.

Instead it is used as a primarily preparation for college even though many students won't be attending. And secondly as a daily preparation for standardized tests that make the school look good or bad. You know how many standardized tests I've taken since I got out of high school? That's right, fucking none....but goddamn if we didn't practice for them everyday of my 4 years in HS. What a complete waste.

Using your body in a physical manner is something everyone of us does everyday. We should be all be trained in balance, strength, hand-eye coordination, etc. This is EVERY bit as important as math, science or even reading. Keeping your kid weak, flabby and sunless should not be an option for you just as sending them with a note to skip math because its too hard is not an option either. In fact, if you want weak flabby kids then home school them. The system that educates the majority of our population needs to put a very large emphasis on shaping us up.

Furthermore, from an education stand point, physically fit people perform much better on an intellectual level as well. One feeds the other. Strong bodies make for strong minds. This should be 100% common sense, kids who are exercised behave better and pay attention better.

ADHD, fat children, disease ridden schools, lack of confidence? Give me a motherfucking break. No shit kids can't sit still in class, they haven't gotten the first bit of exercise in a whole goddamn week. This is one more reason we are to fail as a society. Physical laziness.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #20
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
School should be used as a preparation for basic-advanced life skills, things you do or might have to do everyday as an adult. Manage your finances, monitor your credit, change a flat tire, run from point a to point b, solve a mathematically based problem, apply histories lessons to your own life and society as well and so on and so forth.

Instead it is used as a primarily preparation for college even though many students won't be attending. And secondly as a daily preparation for standardized tests that make the school look good or bad. You know how many standardized tests I've taken since I got out of high school? That's right, fucking none....but goddamn if we didn't practice for them everyday of my 4 years in HS. What a complete waste.

Using your body in a physical manner is something everyone of us does everyday. We should be all be trained in balance, strength, hand-eye coordination, etc. This is EVERY bit as important as math, science or even reading. Keeping your kid weak, flabby and sunless should not be an option for you just as sending them with a note to skip math because its too hard is not an option either. In fact, if you want weak flabby kids then home school them. The system that educates the majority of our population needs to put a very large emphasis on shaping us up.

Furthermore, from an education stand point, physically fit people perform much better on an intellectual level as well. One feeds the other. Strong bodies make for strong minds. This should be 100% common sense, kids who are exercised behave better and pay attention better.

ADHD, fat children, disease ridden schools, lack of confidence? Give me a motherfucking break. No shit kids can't sit still in class, they haven't gotten the first bit of exercise in a whole goddamn week. This is one more reason we are to fail as a society. Physical laziness.
fact or opinion?

cuz none of my family is very physical or into sports of any kinda, and top of the class and i mean like all of them besides me........lol
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote