Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #11
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Well for goodness sake don't post his number on the internet or anything!!
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #12
DIMford
Nothing beats the RWB

Moto: 07 Honda Interceptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Do it, DO EET!!

I have had to use that tactic both on the phone and in person. I do not put up with ugliness and have actually informed people that if they dont behave I am having them removed from my office. For some reason they dont take me seriously until my security shows up...then I have them issued trespass warrants. Problem solved.
Someone remind not to ever piss off Rae at work.
The Road is a beautiful but dangerous mistress. She'll taunt and tease you with wonderful curves and glorious heights till you lose all control. Then leave you broken and bleeding to tease the next man.
DIMford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:47 PM   #13
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MILK View Post
Well for goodness sake don't post his number on the internet or anything!!
absolutely not

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:12 PM   #14
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

I have had to say, "I am going to ask you to refrain from using personal insults and vulgar language as they are not necessary, nor productive.'
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 07:01 PM   #15
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
So I've been in training all week. Class was only half day today, so I'm back in my office this afternoon.

I've been popping into my office to check/handle emails and voicemails all week, so as not to neglect anyone, but sometimes you can't please them all....

I get this voicemail from some grumpy ol man up in PA; I've never spoken to him before, never even heard his name before (so it's not like he called me before and I forgot to get back to him)....

"Hi, this is Fred Moe... my number is 610-555-5555... call me back.... " then his voice trails off before he can manage to hang up, and he spits out "FUCKING BITCH.." then slams the phone down.

WTF????? I feel like calling him back and saying "This is the fucking bitch, returning your call...."
What the next three numbers after the 610 area code? I'm right on the edge of the 215/610 area code split.

Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:06 PM   #16
Cass
Cassolicious!

Moto: SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
I have had to say, "I am going to ask you to refrain from using personal insults and vulgar language as they are not necessary, nor productive.'
We had a training class for "world class customer service" or something like that at work, and they gave us "the swear stopper" - it's literally the only thing I remember about the class: "Sir, I can handle your problem, but I cannot handle your language". Makes me giggle every time.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:09 PM   #17
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
We had a training class for "world class customer service" or something like that at work, and they gave us "the swear stopper" - it's literally the only thing I remember about the class: "Sir, I can handle your problem, but I cannot handle your language". Makes me giggle every time.

Ohhh I like that!!
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:12 PM   #18
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Tourettes maybe?

We took a stupid course about dealing with verbally abusive customers, and the key thing they honed in on was replacing swear words with nonoffensive words in your head. Their example was replacing fucking with pumpkin. While it's a nice theory, it doesn't change the tone or abusive attitude of some angry customer with a pumpkin attitude problem. All the little house fraus got their little giggle in when they kept repeating pumpkin in the video, but something tells me they'll be shitting tacos when it happens in real life, and no amount of word substitution is going to get them back to their happy place while they're getting ripped apart.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:18 PM   #19
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
that's a good one (noted for training purposes)

I tend to do the absolute silence and let the blow off..... after a while they will stop and ask if you are still there.

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 09:36 PM   #20
unknownroad
Guys... where *are* we?

Moto: SV650 Interstate, CX500 rat-bobber, whatever else runs.

That is a weird thing to do. Maybe he wasn't talking to you?
unknownroad is offline   Reply With Quote