Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 03-22-2010, 01:42 AM   #11
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

WTF are student loans doing in this bill? So now the loans can't be adminstered by banks anymore? How does that benefit students? Banks have always been required to hold the interest rates at federally-mandated standards anyway, so why is more gov't adminstration needed?

I swear this bill was so big most people didn't even know what was in it anymore.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 02:17 AM   #12
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

Honestly, I think this bill was more about passing a LOT of other hidden legislation than actually helping reform healthcare.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:57 AM   #13
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

"Calm down citizens...We are here to help!"...1600 new IRS agents to help oversee and administer fines and aid, we are fucked.

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 08:44 AM   #14
Rider
Moto GP Star

OK so, cliff notes? I honestly haven't been paying attention to this health Care reform bill at all. So the bottom line is what? What is it going to do for me? I already have good health insurance.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:27 AM   #15
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
OK so, cliff notes? I honestly haven't been paying attention to this health Care reform bill at all. So the bottom line is what? What is it going to do for me? I already have good health insurance.
it's going to cost you LOL

just BS'ing I'm in the same boat as you. although my dad who is laid off and not old enough for medicare, and my son who is working a crap job with no bennies right now will both be affected.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:39 AM   #16
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHotWheel View Post
"Calm down citizens...We are here to help!"...1600 new IRS agents to help oversee and administer fines and aid, we are fucked.
You might want to check your numbers as I believe it is 16,000 new IRS agents.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:42 AM   #17
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

oh boy - all hell is going to break loose.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 09:43 AM   #18
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
For most people with good (but not great) insurance it will not change much of anything, for the better or the worse.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 11:47 AM   #19
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

They need a version 2.0 ASAP.
Too many asshole chugged it up with nonsense and the BS the GOP pulled screwed over republican ideas.

Personally,
I would have rather seen:
- Single Payer Gov't option
- Gov't subsidies on medical schools\tuition. (I can understand why AMA would be hesitant against this because in the long run it would drive down compensation - if Med school is cheaper and more candidates enter the job market).

Gov't option provides baseline level of protection and then private industry can fill in with upmarket or niche products. I would then reduce regulation of private insurers.
If they want to drop you because you are high risk then so be it.

Malpractice award limits are a whole other can beans and peronally I'm unsypathetic to the rhetoric after seeing some of the info I have seen.

Freeing up insurers to go across state lines would end up disasterous. you'd would then see the formation of behemoths as small insurers get gobbled up and competition would disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #20
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
Honestly, I think this bill was more about passing a LOT of other hidden legislation than actually helping reform healthcare.
Well, since so much money has been thrown at these cats from the insurance industry, I suppose it's not until the fucking reach-arounds actually outweigh that shit, do the motherfuckers vote correctly.

We gotta get the corporate money influence out of Washington, and get our goddamn Democracy back, or moves like this will become the ONLY means of getting shit done.