Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 08-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #11
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I think he's a dumbazz for what he did BUT I do agree it's tough dealing with the public. Yes the passenger deserved to be b!tch slapped and/or tased but this guy reacted pretty ignorantly...funny but ignorant.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #12
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I think he's a dumbazz for what he did BUT I do agree it's tough dealing with the public. Yes the passenger deserved to be b!tch slapped and/or tased but this guy reacted pretty ignorantly...funny but ignorant.
i gotta agree with this. you know it's a stressful job when you take it but really he probably just gave up his job simply because someone would not apologize to him?
maybe he was already on his way out and wanted a big show to end his tenure as a steward.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #13
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Man, good for him.

This past weekend I had the most horrible screaming, shrieking baby on my flight from Boston to Atlanta. The ENTIRE flight. People were asking the attendants if they could be locked into the bathroom. We felt bad for the kid - but the PARENTS were dicks arguing with each other over who's fault it was that the kid was crying, and who should hold him.

I think they should be able to lock people in the bathroom if they aren't behaving.
Fuck that. Bad enough you need to be crammed in a metal sausage with recirculated air, and a bunch of fat, smelly motherfuckers.

I think there should be a no shrieking section.

If I'm entering a restaurant, and there's a loud kid, I always ask to be seated in the "no shrieking" section...
Old 08-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #14
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

For the first time ever, I had to relocate the other day at lunch with my hubby. We chose the quietest least populated area only to be followed over by a family of 5. With a shrieking loudly talking lil male monster. We got up and moved after about 3 minutes.

I dont disturb others when Im in public, I'd like the same courtesy.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #15
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Actually the dude is supposed to be pretty bad ass, he stopped a terrorist attack back in the 90s in europe on an international flight.
How so? Looks like he would have been about 20 then.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #16
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Sounds to me like she'd be in for assault at least, but where was the air marshall to assist with this incident? If someone is getting loud and obnoxious and wont follow airline instructions, arent they sposed to be around? Other folks have been tazed for much less.
Aren't they only supposed to be on "major" flights between "major" destinations?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:04 PM   #17
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

That's what I love about the ambulance. You get to deal with the nutso people but if one gets out of hand, all you have to do is stop and request PD back up and next thing you know you have 5 cop cars around you ready to open up a 55gallon eletrically charged drum of whoop ass. Though patients are usually cool. It's their nutso friends and family who cause the trouble.

The fact that he grabbed a beer and left just pushes this up to epic awesomeness.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #18
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

It gets better

http://gizmodo.com/5609321/cranky-ea...cops-showed-up

and

http://www.myspace.com/nycflyer71/

Quote:
The tale of Steven Slater—the JetBlue flight attendant who became a folk hero by storming off the job on an inflatable slide—keeps getting better. Gay sex, happy bragging, family tragedy, HIV status, and a confused ex-wife ahead. [Updated]

Yesterday we heard how the disgruntled flight attendant's altercation with a passenger (which was related to a suitcase and/or overhead bin bonking Slater on the head) culminated in him announcing over the plane intercom, "To the fucking asshole who told me to fuck off, it's been a good 28 years. I've had it. That's it," then grabbed two beers from the galley, activated the jet's inflatable slide, and bolted off the job. The content of Slater's rant remains in dispute: Some say he called the passenger a "motherfucker" instead of an "asshole," and others dispute who told whom to "fuck off." (And although he seemed to suggest he'd been working as a flight attendant for 28 years, he started working for the airlines 20 years ago.)

Either way, the word "fuck" occurred twice, and the act of fucking occurred once: As soon as the surly steward arrived at his beachfront home in the Rockaways, he jumped into bed with his boyfriend, and was mid-coitus when the police arrived to arrest him for reckless endangerment and trespassing. The New York Daily News reports the scene of the arrest:

He boasted to skeptical cops that he really did escape by chute with his carry-on luggage.
"Oh, yes, I did! I threw them down first and I went down after," he told cops, sources said.
He was grinning as police walked him in handcuffs to a squad car. "He left with a big smile on his face," said neighbor Curt Karkowski.
The New York Post adds that Slater told authorities he was HIV-positive. During his arrest Slater was photographed in a sage green t-shirt and madras shorts. Many outlets have noted that Slater's MySpace profile (which we raided yesterday) testifies to a history of "alcoholism and substance abuse." Did a life crisis predicate the haughty high-flier's mid-tarmac meltdown? We return to the Daily News:

"Slater's mother is dying," said Judy Rochelle, whose son Kenny lives with Slater. "She has lung cancer. She's had two chemos and the prognosis is not good. They were on their way out to California this weekend to settle her affairs."
Rochelle added that Slater "watched his father die of Lou Gehrig's disease not long ago. Slater's under a lot of pressure."
Judy's son Kenny appears to be the boyfriend that Slater was hooking up with when the cops showed. Kenny's brother John describes Slater as "an everyday ordinary guy, a nice guy."

Meanwhile, an interview with Slater's ex-wife and "great friend" Cynthia Susanne is interesting primarily for the revelation that Slater was once married. (Leave it to the "nice guy" to marry his fag hag.)

What happens next to our dramatic folk hero? The Queens district attorney is moving ahead with criminal charges, which could be punishable with as many as seven years in jail, which would be a major bummer, since he's now an anointed hero of the recession's overworked underclass. Steven Slater as yet to break his silence. [NYDN, TMZ, NYPost, Slate]

Update: According to his Legal Aid lawyer, Slater remains in police custody after failing to post a $2500 bail. Charged with reckless endangerment, criminal mischief and criminal trespass, "I think he can't believe the amount of attention he's getting," lawyer Howard Turman said. "People who deal with the public face stress." Turman told reporters that Slater's altercation included a female passenger who "slammed the overhead" bin into Slater's head, and Times' City Room blog located a passenger who confirms that the flight attendant had a 1.5" red gash on his forehead. And why did Slater use the inflatable slide? "It was there," said Turman.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:26 PM   #19
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
For the first time ever, I had to relocate the other day at lunch with my hubby. We chose the quietest least populated area only to be followed over by a family of 5. With a shrieking loudly talking lil male monster. We got up and moved after about 3 minutes.

I dont disturb others when Im in public, I'd like the same courtesy.
Me too, and if your kids are like that, it's YOUR FAULT as a parent.

My fucking kid never did that. I remember her being no more than 3-4 years old, and looking at me when other kids at another table were acting up and shrieking, as if to say "what the fuck is up with that shit?"...then she'd actually shoot the other kids dirty looks for acting that way. Classic.

I have a secret "system" to prevent tantrums from ever even being an option in kid's minds (but it needs to be taught literally IN THE CRIB, at the very youngest age). One day I'll write a fucking book about it...if for no other reason, than so I don't have to listen to other people's fucking brats.

Last edited by Avatard; 08-10-2010 at 07:30 PM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #20
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
I have a secret "system" to prevent tantrums from ever even being an option in kid's minds (but it needs to be taught literally IN THE CRIB, at the very youngest age). One day I'll write a fucking book about it...if for no other reason, than so I don't have to listen to other people's fucking brats.

Um please share now, because the back side of my hand is starting to hurt