Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-06-2008, 10:48 PM   #11
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
thanks for the well wishes! Yea it sucks! Just when I had the thing EXACTLY how I wanted it! Oh well...
If it was exactly how you wanted it, thats when you need to start a new project. Glad youre alright.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:17 PM   #12
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
well....since you're obviously ok, is anything salvageable on the bike?
I think so...what's funny is I crashed about,oh 200 yards from the fire station so they got me out of there pretty quick! I'll know better when I have a chance to examine the bike but here's the list of what I KNOW is junk,

Exhaust-deer hit leg,leg hit exhaust,exhaust can crushed and header bent by deer impact.

Radiator-crushed like a soda can.

Body-TOTAL LOSS,seriously,everything was blown off except the tail which is tweaked.

Forks-bent,say goodbye to hundreds of dollars at RaceTech and hours of dial in at FastBikes.

Lower triple-cracked (sorry SV)

Front rim-bent and chipped.

Oh and it's a good thing I'm so amazing because the road has been grated in preparation for re-surfacing so it's pretty damn rough!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:22 PM   #13
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Took it like a champ! This is my third time to this party so I was ready for it. I braced my arms and tore bambi a new one! It has GOT to be statistically impossible for one guy to have hit deer on a bike three fucking times! Man,Trip me and my bike look like we went to the prom at Carrie's high school! What a mess! The EMTs were like,"where are you bleeding,sir? We have to stop the bleeding!!!"

From what I understand,the suicidal deer had been depressed lately and had really slipped into a melancholy funk when she found her man Rudolph in the bushes with another doe enjoying some "reindeer games"... or so the locals tell me. They found a prescription for Paxil in her pocket and a note that read," Goodbye,Rudy I wish your bright fucking nose could have helped you find your way thru the fog of your feelings for me", signed Clarice.
ha funny post.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:01 AM   #14
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

sounds like u got some tires for sale then eh?
Old 08-07-2008, 12:22 AM   #15
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV

Quote:
Yep,my bike is semi-destroyed! I hit a deer coming home from New Bern (about 40 miles away). Deer jumped up in front of me out of no where and *POW*,deer blood and bike parts EVERYWHERE!!! What a mess!!! Deer was D.O.I. and my bike is in critical condition,we'll see... I've been thinking about doing some track days before I die so this might be an opportunity in disguise! Sorry about no pics but I didn't have a camera on me and they came and scooped up me,the bike and the deer. I guess I could take pics of the bike this weekend if I get a chance plus I could get you some pics of my blood soaked jeans and stuff. Oh well,I knew this bike was cursed from the start!

Has anybody heard any rumors about the 2009 GSXR1000 yet???
Glad to hear you semi-ok. Hope it all goes ok with the new bike search..... Cutty apparently almost got one tonight too... I got a text stating that he had to go change his pants.... Glad to know you both are ok.
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 12:26 AM   #16
t-homo
WSB Champion

Damn man, glad you are alright.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 01:02 AM   #17
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

glad you made it through safe man. you must have some crazy skills to keep it up through the deer AND the ditch adventures
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 06:07 AM   #18
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
glad you made it through safe man. you must have some crazy skills to keep it up through the deer AND the ditch adventures
Thanks,you'll understand this. It's my opinion that most of the time when guys go down it's panic that puts them there. I honestly don't panic and I think it's a combination of the military experience I've gotten and my years of riding. I was all over the road but I never stopped thinking and trying to keep it on two wheels. Heck,I don't think I mentioned that the impact threw me into oncoming traffic and I had to dodge a Mazda.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:09 AM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnyce View Post
sounds like u got some tires for sale then eh?

Haha,yea and some rearsets,PCIII,HIDs,switchable TRE,custom seat,etc,etc,etc...
Old 08-07-2008, 08:04 AM   #20
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

DAMN man! you're hella fortunate. tell me the deer at least cooked up real nice after you killed it. hey, that fucker trashed your bike, tastin good is the least it could do for you.

On the plus side, I suppose crashing near the firehouse is handy, medical care on the spot. only thing more efficient is crashing INTO the firehouse. but hey, you're alright and still posting. now go grab your 30-06 and go find the rest of those deer before they get the chance to do it again.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote