Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-14-2008, 12:43 AM   #11
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

this gas bullshit is retarded. I'd love to see a cap on fuel prices @ $3/gallon, then maybe we could afford an economy, rather than be bent over like bubba's bitch in cell block d when we go to fill up the tank.

I do feel bad for some of the people in texas, but not all of em. me no likey mexican illegals.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:15 AM   #12
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
and people wonder why i stay in ND...

when was the last time we were hit by a hurricane
You sure it's not because you're stuck there, being in the Army and all?

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:44 AM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Yea the gas thing is crazy! The gas stations were out of gas or at least out of regular. I'm like people calm the fuck down! Like someone else said,the gas you buy today was refined weeks/months ago. Some of the independent gas stations around here were pricing regular for $4.50 while the Bps and Shells were still at $3.60. Heck,I paid $3.59 last night. People are so stupid and greedy! Hopefully the attorney general looks into the price gouging here!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:19 PM   #14
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea the gas thing is crazy! The gas stations were out of gas or at least out of regular. I'm like people calm the fuck down! Like someone else said,the gas you buy today was refined weeks/months ago. Some of the independent gas stations around here were pricing regular for $4.50 while the Bps and Shells were still at $3.60. Heck,I paid $3.59 last night. People are so stupid and greedy! Hopefully the attorney general looks into the price gouging here!
He'll turn the blind eye while these motherfuckers rake the American public over the goddman coals.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 12:32 PM   #15
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
If they are running out doesn't that mean that supply is low and demand is high? Like any business...that is when prices go up.

BTW - $3.85 is the lowest I have paid in MONTHS (price I paid Friday) and I am not complaining. It is actually nice to see less car (and more importantly...less SUVs) on the road.
Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #16
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Last I checked the gas belonged to the Gas Stations. Once it hits your tank then it's yours and you can do with it what you want. Drink it, use it, set it on fire or sell it for $1,000 a gallon. Gas Stations, Oil Companies, and little girls selling lemonade on the side of the road should be able to charge whatever the fuck they want to for their product that they paid for.

But if you wanted to get the gov involved then the smartest thing to have done is force stations through the policing power of government with the backing of massive amounts of firepower and people willing to do violence on it's behalf to set their prices at $10 a gallon.

That way instead of filling up their 40gallon SUV tanks(And they own 3), their ATVS, 10 5 gallon gas cans and 4 of their beer coolers. They'd just get what they needed.

That way once the oil companies get back on the oil platforms and to their office in the refinery. Instead of getting thousands of messages saying "I NEED SOME FUCKING GAS NOW MY STATION IS OUT" they'll end up calling around and saying "Does anybody need gas". And when all the stations say "Nope we have plenty here" prices would drop even more.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:32 PM   #17
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen View Post
If they are running out doesn't that mean that supply is low and demand is high? Like any business...that is when prices go up.

BTW - $3.85 is the lowest I have paid in MONTHS (price I paid Friday) and I am not complaining. It is actually nice to see less car (and more importantly...less SUVs) on the road.
They ran out because of the mad rush and hype that was drummed up. I guess all the grocery stores along the coast should have doubled their prices when they heard the storm was coming. Besides, using your logic,the price of a motorcycle should go up as the dealership runs out.

The way I understand it is this; the commodities market sets the price for a barrel of oil. If you place an order for a million barrels,you will get them at that price. You refine it,you distribute it and sell it for X amount of dollars. What is happening now is that gas stations are setting prices based not on what they paid for the gas in their tanks but by what they think they are going to pay in the future. BTW those prices are being set by the distributors who penalize gas stations who don't fall in line. Last I heard that is called price fixing which is illegal (but largely overlooked). I've never had a problem with capitalism,I have a problem with the excuses for the price hikes.

I fully understand how the principles of business work thank you. I realize that companies can charge whatever they want for their product and it is up to us as consumers to regulate them by not using their products until their prices come down. This system works quite well in a free market,too bad this particular market isn't free...

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 09-15-2008 at 12:01 AM..
Old 09-14-2008, 07:42 PM   #18
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Last I checked the gas belonged to the Gas Stations. Once it hits your tank then it's yours and you can do with it what you want. Drink it, use it, set it on fire or sell it for $1,000 a gallon. Gas Stations, Oil Companies, and little girls selling lemonade on the side of the road should be able to charge whatever the fuck they want to for their product that they paid for.

But if you wanted to get the gov involved then the smartest thing to have done is force stations through the policing power of government with the backing of massive amounts of firepower and people willing to do violence on it's behalf to set their prices at $10 a gallon.

That way instead of filling up their 40gallon SUV tanks(And they own 3), their ATVS, 10 5 gallon gas cans and 4 of their beer coolers. They'd just get what they needed.

That way once the oil companies get back on the oil platforms and to their office in the refinery. Instead of getting thousands of messages saying "I NEED SOME FUCKING GAS NOW MY STATION IS OUT" they'll end up calling around and saying "Does anybody need gas". And when all the stations say "Nope we have plenty here" prices would drop even more.
Ok.....so you think that gas prices should go up to $10 a gallon so people will use less thus eventually bringing the price down?

Anyway,the "shortage" was artificially created by the distributors so they could raise the prices. When people were angry at the oil company's posting record profits last year.I stuck up for the oil co's. I believe they have a right to make a profit but it's the lying to us to raise the prices which irritates me.
Old 09-14-2008, 07:49 PM   #19
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
He'll turn the blind eye while these motherfuckers rake the American public over the goddman coals.
You're probably right... of course there will always be sheep that will happily pay whatever they charge without so much as a "bleat", "They have a right to charge whatever they want..." baaaaaa....... baaaaaaa BAAAAAAAAA!!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 07:50 PM   #20
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
You sure it's not because you're stuck there, being in the Army and all?
Yea that's some SERIOUS making of lemonade out of lemons!!!