I do not currently, but have in the past been a gun owner 7 7.53%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2010, 10:07 AM   #191
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Yeah I had to edit my post...I see if you type "plus 1" you're fine but if you use the "+" 1 you get the gay guy.
I noticed...

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:17 AM   #192
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

yup
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #193
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Booooo.
Yep. Got a 1099 that I wasn't expecting from a debt write off. It was late because it had been sent to an old address. I had already filed my taxes, recieved my refund and spent it. Now I owe $500 on that write off.

As for the car, I had bought all 4 struts and was going to put them on myself. I was only able to replace 1. The other 3 simply would not budge. I tried using an impact wrench, tried using heat, tried everything short of simply cutting them off, and they wouldn't move. Stripped out a stabilizer bar end link that was attached to the strut, so that was going to have to get cut off and replaced. At that point, I said fuck it and decided to take it in to a shop. I was fortunately able to find one that will use MY parts and not charge extra for it or force me to use their parts (also helps that I know the manager there), so I only had to pay for labor. Still, that was about $300 I wasn't planning on spending.

Combine that with the $500 tax bill, and I could have had a very nice pistol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
I did add a plus 1 to the mag because the one thing I absolutely did not like about the 27 is the fact that your pinky has nothing to grip and it just felt unstable to me. With the plus 1 it feels just fine plus gives me one extra round.
I was looking at pistols at Gander Mountain a few months back and wanted to slap the punk teenage hick behind the counter. I was just in there holding several guns to see how they felt and commented how I didn't like the short grip, and asked if they had a plus one magazine to see how that felt. He got me one, but then commented to a coworker (several minutes later), "hey, did you know the pinky finger is the strongest finger?"

I asked the little fucker how many pistols he's fired and he responded, "only one, but I didn't like it and prefer rifles." Really? Then shut the fuck up about me wanting an extended mag because I don't like the feel of not having my pinky finger on the grip. That's what I should have said. Instead, I just rolled my eyes and continued looking at the guns I was interested in.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #194
sherri_chickie
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: Gs500F

I don't have one myself but my husband has one that he had when he got married so I guess I have one defacto.
sherri_chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 01:15 PM   #195
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

I am a new gun owner, as of about a month ago.

I picked up a Springfield Armory XDm 9mm. LOVE it so far! I have put probably 700-800 rounds through it and it's been flawless.

Now I have to decide if I want to get my CC permit. I'm leaning towards yes.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #196
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
I am a new gun owner, as of about a month ago.

I picked up a Springfield Armory XDm 9mm. LOVE it so far! I have put probably 700-800 rounds through it and it's been flawless.

Now I have to decide if I want to get my CC permit. I'm leaning towards yes.
I don't see why you wouldn't? If I had a gun, I would want to carry it everywhere.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #197
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Yep. Got a 1099 that I wasn't expecting from a debt write off. It was late because it had been sent to an old address. I had already filed my taxes, recieved my refund and spent it. Now I owe $500 on that write off.

As for the car, I had bought all 4 struts and was going to put them on myself. I was only able to replace 1. The other 3 simply would not budge. I tried using an impact wrench, tried using heat, tried everything short of simply cutting them off, and they wouldn't move. Stripped out a stabilizer bar end link that was attached to the strut, so that was going to have to get cut off and replaced. At that point, I said fuck it and decided to take it in to a shop. I was fortunately able to find one that will use MY parts and not charge extra for it or force me to use their parts (also helps that I know the manager there), so I only had to pay for labor. Still, that was about $300 I wasn't planning on spending.

I was looking at pistols at Gander Mountain a few months back and wanted to slap the punk teenage hick behind the counter. I was just in there holding several guns to see how they felt and commented how I didn't like the short grip, and asked if they had a plus one magazine to see how that felt. He got me one, but then commented to a coworker (several minutes later), "hey, did you know the pinky finger is the strongest finger?"

I asked the little fucker how many pistols he's fired and he responded, "only one, but I didn't like it and prefer rifles." Really? Then shut the fuck up about me wanting an extended mag because I don't like the feel of not having my pinky finger on the grip. That's what I should have said. Instead, I just rolled my eyes and continued looking at the guns I was interested in.
Had you found something you wanted to buy at that point?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #198
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:

I was looking at pistols at Gander Mountain a few months back and wanted to slap the punk teenage hick behind the counter.
That sucks about your car and tax bill.

Exactly why I don't go to Gander Mountain for guns.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #199
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Had you found something you wanted to buy at that point?
Yeah. Was either going with a XD or going with an H&K. Hadn't made the firm decision yet, but was leaning toward the XD. Also wasn't completely positive about 40 cal or 9mm, but leaning toward 9mm due to ammo cost. Was going to buy this month or next.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #200
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Yeah. Was either going with a XD or going with an H&K. Hadn't made the firm decision yet, but was leaning toward the XD. Also wasn't completely positive about 40 cal or 9mm, but leaning toward 9mm due to ammo cost. Was going to buy this month or next.
Have you shot both of them yet?

<<< is my latest acquisition.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote